• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

No Room At The Little Ticket

TexasGopher said:
Why are we not seeing some cross pollination from the other Cumulus stations when the Ticket regulars go on vacation? Mike Ducey and Radigan sit in from time to time why not Hawkeye or Dorsey or lord forbid Steve Lamb. Hal Jay doing e-news might be a bucket list item. ;D Monty Cook got anything? (TCU football and basketball stadium announcer)
Nice to see the little Ticket bringing some of the underlings along but there is potential gold in the cluster they are not using.

The Ticket is a sports talk station. Hawkeye and Dorsey are from a country music station so they probably wouldn't have too much to offer, which is probably why they bring in sportscasters to sit in.

They could fill the yuck monkey role on any shift though. Estridge or Lamb could fill in a one time +1 and not miss a beat. Wilonsky and David Moore have been a breath of fresh air there IMHO. Moore for Spags was the best decision anyone could have made as far a Ranch coverage goes.

Options, Buddy, options.

TexasGopher said:
They could fill the yuck monkey role on any shift though. Estridge or Lamb could fill in a one time +1 and not miss a beat. Wilonsky and David Moore have been a breath of fresh air there IMHO. Moore for Spags was the best decision anyone could have made as far a Ranch coverage goes.

Options, Buddy, options.

Most listeners only have a vague knowledge of Estridge and most don't have a clue who Steve Lamb is. I know Estridfe was on GAC but I never once listened and I only know of him through TCU football and basketball.

I have a feeling that if either Estridge or Lamb were in the Ticket's plans, they'd already be there in some form. Cat has probably already looked at them and said no thanks.

I noticed early this morning that Yahoo Sports Radio was off and the Ticket was running Rotten Radio all night. Is there a change coming overnights? Or was it just a network snafu?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom