• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

No audio for the TV channel via antenna 10-10 WWOO Westmoreland.

Trying to figure out what happened to audio for the TV channel via antenna 10-10 WWOO Westmoreland.

Looking for contact information.

Trying to figure out what happened to audio for the TV channel via antenna 10-10 WWOO Westmoreland.

Looking for contact information.
Make sure you haven't accidentally turned on SAP (Second Audio Programming), or on Samsung TV's it may be called "Alternate Audio".
Some stations don't duplicate their stereo or 5.1 audio on SAP.

WWOO-LD moved from Westmoreland, NH within the past month and probably has not fully configured their encoder. One requirement of the move is to change their virtual channel number from 10 to 17, to avoid confusion with WJAR, and they had not done so right away.

Also moving very soon from Westmoreland to the Cabot Street tower in Needham is WVCC-LD where it will broadcast on RF channel 6, using virtual channel 49. Using 6 may affect a few FM pirates <g>.

Both stations list WVMA-CD, Winchendon, MA as their primary.

Ownership info for both stations:

Jeffrey Winemiller, listed variously as
Lowcountry 34 Media
Beaufort, SC
and
Milachi Media, LLC
Indian Rocks Beach, FL

WWOO-LD moved from Westmoreland, NH within the past month and probably has not fully configured their encoder. One requirement of the move is to change their virtual channel number from 10 to 17, to avoid confusion with WJAR, and they had not done so right away.
If their ATSC encoder wasn't streaming audio, their entire audience would notice. Gotta believe providing audio would have been a check after moving.

If their ATSC encoder wasn't streaming audio, their entire audience would notice. Gotta believe providing audio would have been a check after moving.
The primary, WVMA-CD, feeds AntennaTV to another low power, WCRN-LD, Boston, on ch 31-6, labeled "WVMAANT". At this very moment 31-6 (not the other subchannels) is randomly freeze-framing... I am not sure I expect much.

The primary, WVMA-CD, feeds AntennaTV to another low power, WCRN-LD, Boston, on ch 31-6, labeled "WVMAANT". At this very moment 31-6 (not the other subchannels) is randomly freeze-framing... I am not sure I expect much.
Sounds like they don't have a great incoming signal being received at WRCN from WVMA. Amateurs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom