• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nice night

tsimpson

Inactive
Inactive User
Last night we were understaffed (big surprise I know) so I volunteered to help out with a remote at the Arena in State College. Its been two years since the transformation from the last cowboy and I still have memories of Last Cowboy karaoke from years gone buy.

What a great night. Jen Tiffany who anybody that has been in State College or Altoona radio knows well is now running the place and doing it well. It takes a pro to pull off what she did and does. When I got there Jen even had copy points written out for the remote. B94.5 was there after we were and I was impressed with both the sales rep and the talent on hand. They worked the room, made friends and did a nice job.

The promotion was one that brought in the people. A beach party. A beer sponsor, A liquor sponsor. Two radio stations, a great band, prizes, give aways, even HOT TUBS in the bar. Hot woman and men everywhere in beach atire (yes bikinis were abundant)

They had a great door and a great bar total I believe. The execution of the event is why I posted here. This is the type of thing I feel so strongly makes radio shine. When you have somebody like Jen who can make the calls and knows what works its perfection.

That said what a nice conversation with Jen and a great job done by all.

Jen is indeed a Professional and knows how to get the job done right.

The Arena also could not have done a successful job without successful stations like "G 101" and "B 94.5" even though they are owned by separate organizations.

Plus, they probably didn't have to pay a "hog's price" for the remote.

Ted, glad to see you still give the compliments where they belong.

Keep up the great work at making "G 101" the State College CHR powerhouse.

Jen is a pro and knows what it takes to make radio shine. (Perhaps that is why she got the boot from the oh-so-bright decision makers at not-Forever.)
Kudos to all involved...and, also, watch for continued solid growth from the folks at B-94.

tsimpson said:
Last night we were understaffed (big surprise I know) so I volunteered to help out with a remote at the Arena in State College. Its been two years since the transformation from the last cowboy and I still have memories of Last Cowboy karaoke from years gone buy.

What a great night. Jen Tiffany who anybody that has been in State College or Altoona radio knows well is now running the place and doing it well. It takes a pro to pull off what she did and does. When I got there Jen even had copy points written out for the remote. B94.5 was there after we were and I was impressed with both the sales rep and the talent on hand. They worked the room, made friends and did a nice job.

The promotion was one that brought in the people. A beach party. A beer sponsor, A liquor sponsor. Two radio stations, a great band, prizes, give aways, even HOT TUBS in the bar. Hot woman and men everywhere in beach atire (yes bikinis were abundant)

They had a great door and a great bar total I believe. The execution of the event is why I posted here. This is the type of thing I feel so strongly makes radio shine. When you have somebody like Jen who can make the calls and knows what works its perfection.

That said what a nice conversation with Jen and a great job done by all.
I'd like to congratulate the Arena for having the "guts" to book 2 obviously competing radio stations back-to-back on the same night. I can recall a time when G101 was trying to reach out to get involved in a "charitable" event that was going on at a local business and the business said "sorry...but we are in an exclusive with Hot 103".
Just goes to show there is room for all of us and we can all peacefully co-exist. We may share some audience and there are persons who may favor one over the other as well. Its refreshing to see a business who recognizes that its ok to give away a few small pieces of the pie instead of put all their eggs in one basket.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom