• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New York Giants football on NewsRadio 1410/100.9 WPOP

I was just scanning the radio dial and came across the New York Giants football game on NewsRadio 1410/100.9 WPOP. Are all of the Giants games carried by WPOP?

For the past several years WTIC 1080 had both the New England Patriots and New York Giants games. Up until 2018 when Full-Power Radio bought WDRC from Connoisseur, The Patriots games were airing on WDRC 1360-AM when the Pats and Giants played at the same time.

Giants Radio Network
Driven by The Hess Toy Truck
• Albany, NY- WPYX 106.5FM
• Hartford, CT-WPOP 1410AM
• Hartford, CT-WPOP 100.9FM
• Hartford, CT-WCUS 97.9FM
• Danbury, CT-WLAD 880AM

The game was not on WUCS last night.

When the Patriots feed is on WTIC and WAQY for a Sunday night or Monday night game, WUCS is shut out of the national feed and has to go with ESPN talk filler. Does the same rule apply to Giants prime-time games, even though WUCS does carry the Giants' afternoon games as part of its radio network?

When the Patriots feed is on WTIC and WAQY for a Sunday night or Monday night game, WUCS is shut out of the national feed and has to go with ESPN talk filler. Does the same rule apply to Giants prime-time games, even though WUCS does carry the Giants' afternoon games as part of its radio network?
Why are they blocked out of the Giants radio network on a Monday night game.

Why are they blocked out of the Giants radio network on a Monday night game.

That's my question, too. I work nights and usually listen to MNF on WUCS in the car, but last night, for some reason, I went with NFL Network Radio on Sirius XM instead and never checked 97.9 or 1410. The Giants aren't on MNF all that often, so I honestly can't remember what WUCS did the last time they were.

Last edited:
That's my question, too. I work nights and usually listen to MNF on WUCS in the car, but last night, for some reason, I went with NFL Network Radio on Sirius XM instead and never checked 97.9 or 1410. The Giants aren't on MNF all that often, so I honestly can't remember what WUCS did the last time they were.
When did WTIC stop airing Giants games?

When did WTIC stop airing Giants games?

You tell me. I'm a Patriots fan. I'm just going by the list of affiliates, typos and all, that TheBigA cut and pasted from some undisclosed location on the interwebs, which indicates that both "WCUS" and WPOP are Giants Hartford affiliates, which makes no logical sense to me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom