• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New station in the metro

Stream sounding very distorted and in mono to me. I think that needs some attention.
Agreed. I’ll stick with listening to WDGY for the time being until they straighten the audio thing out. Quality is pretty poor on KLCI-HD3 as well.

Don't know if Bump but it's the first time I listened to it, it's a good mix of music they have going for sure. It's probably is a bit compressed, but I'm used to compression - HD3s usually sound like 128kbps MP3s, the high end really cut off and it's def. in MONO on 106.1-HD3, can't get the stream to work, so I can't tell if it's stereo or not.

I'm very curoius how much renting a HD3 cost monthly.
Depends on supply and demand, population count, or even just an owner knowing how to value it. I know HD subchannels that can go for over $20,000 per month in places. In other places, I know HD subs that have been gifted in exchange simply for the Xperi licensing fees.

Back
Top Bottom