• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Brand Managers for WBBM-FM and WBMX

I suppose these days the phrase "Brand Manager" is a mix of Program Director and Director of Operations. Inside Radio says Molly Cruz will become the Brand Manager for Top 40 WBBM-FM B96. She had been with Audacy in Milwaukee. Erik Bradley will have that interim role at Classic Hip Hop WBMX. He had been Assistant Brand Manager.

I suppose this means neither station will become a simulcast of Audacy's AM Sports Station WSCR 670 anytime soon.

I suppose these days the phrase "Brand Manager" is a mix of Program Director and Director of Operations.
It really means PD who also supervised branded web content, streams, events and other non-broadcast items that are supposed to enhance the station name.

An operations director who has that really vague title, is more involved with interface with traffic, sales, engineering and non-content areas. A Brand Manager deals with all aspects of the total array of listener-targeted offerings.

More consolidation as companies look to remain "profitable" to shareholders. Less people doing more work at the expense of quality content. Things WILL get overlooked. EOY look for more RIF as broadcasters will be faced with declining revenues and lack luster raitings.

Funny they call WBBM-FM rhythmic CHR, it hasn’t been that in ages has it? I know they played a lot of hip hop in the 00s but it seems pretty standard for a mainstream CHR.

WBMX and likely no sports on FM in the near future is interesting. I’m glad it’s staying around at least for now. Perhaps WSCR doesn’t bill highly enough to justify nuking either the WBBM-F or WBMX revenue stream?

Funny they call WBBM-FM rhythmic CHR, it hasn’t been that in ages has it? I know they played a lot of hip hop in the 00s but it seems pretty standard for a mainstream CHR.

WBMX and likely no sports on FM in the near future is interesting. I’m glad it’s staying around at least for now. Perhaps WSCR doesn’t bill highly enough to justify nuking either the WBBM-F or WBMX revenue stream?
It's been a long time since WBBM-FM was considered Rhythmic. They were moved to the CHR/Pop panel back in 2012.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom