• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New AM CQUAM Stereo Part 15 AM Transmitter

XRQKFM

Inactive
Inactive User
While surfing e-bay, I found a new part 15 AM stereo transmitter on the market from a company called ASPiSYS out of Greece, the USA version is rated at 100 milliwatts while the EU version is capable of 400 milliwatts. Has anybody here in the US taken a gamble on this transmitter? There is also a 40 watt amp available for the unit for those so inclined, 40 watts would put out pretty good at the top of the dial AM dial. One station I know running 40 watts could easily be herd 25 miles out at 1570khz.

Current price is $389 + $30 for shipping to USA (on auction it goes for $75-80)
An AM stereo converter is also available at a rather steep price at $200, looks like one of those old FM to AM converters that use to sale for $30 back in the day.

I have a picture on our part 15 AM website, by no means is this intended to replace the Procaster or Rangemaster as it is not certified.

Your Thoughts!

Steve
www.radiobrandy.com/RBpart15am.html

Actually, they had an ASMAX1 for sale on eBay about two years ago and it was reported on here.

At one point, the company was even looking for someone in the U.S. who would help them get the TX FCC certified. Maybe you could help them out.

http://www.aspisys.com/ampll.htm

C5

I had actually considered one of these well over a year ago when planning out a high school radio station. The only problem was the higher-ups wanted equipment that was Part 15 certified, which this wasn't. I would love to see them get certified. I think there's actually enough AM Stereo "gearheads" who would appreciate this unit.

Thanks Bill & C5 for the info and the link, the picture on our Part 15 AM website now links to them. I like the fact there is little extra horsepower under the hood and it's output is 50 ohms, with the 40 watt amp; it would make a nice carrier current transmitter too. I will take C-Quam stereo any day over IBOC legalized interference, that has all but trashed the AM dial.
They also make FM & TV transmitters, I see a new transmitter in my future!

Steve
www.radiobrandy.com/RBpart15am.html

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom