• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Network News Affiliations in Tampa-St. Pete?

I don't know how much network news is cleared in TSP....but does anyone know the network affiliations in the market?

(MOD: I am not sure why this was moved to the "TV Board"....the question is about Tampa St. Pete RADIO News Network Affiliations, not TV!)

Last edited by a moderator:
WFLA 970 carries Fox News, since Fox is distributed by iHeart, WFLA's parent company.

WGUL 860 carries Townhall, since that's owned by Salem, WGUL's parent company.

WTBN 570 runs SRN News sometimes, same as above.

At one time, WWBA 820 carried CBS. Not sure if that's still true.

At one time, WHBO 1040 and WHNZ 1250 also carried Fox News. Not sure if that's still true.

At one time, WENG 1570 Englewood carried ABC. Not sure if that's still true.

And I'm not sure if 1340 WTAN has a news network.

I don't know how much network news is cleared in TSP....but does anyone know the network affiliations in the market?

(MOD: I am not sure why this was moved to the "TV Board"....the question is about Tampa St. Pete RADIO News Network Affiliations, not TV!)

I moved it because I thought (as did another poster) that you were asking about WTSP. Your "TSP" shortcut, rather than Tampa-St. Pete or Tampa Bay, has caused some confusion.

Frank

WFLA 970 carries Fox News, since Fox is distributed by iHeart, WFLA's parent company.

At one time, WHBO 1040 and WHNZ 1250 also carried Fox News. Not sure if that's still true.

—————-
Just did an OTA radio network news check, only confirmed two stations; WHBO 1040 carried ABC news at the top of the hour and WHNZ 1250 carried CBS news at the top of the hour (which is what they were carrying earlier this year before the pandemic hit).....earlier this year though I noticed that the CBS news at the top of the hour was carried only during the day; in the evening, it was strictly their lineup of informercials/talk shows.

Thanks!

I'm kind of out of the market over here, but we've pulled the news almost entirely from 1330,1360, and 1170, and the little bit of news that is run over the network is 60 seconds of CBS three times a day and twice a day on 1330 as I do not run news at all when I am on locally.
Here in Lakeland; 1230 and 1430 run ABC. 1430 runs whatever the Florida News Network is now (it sold out to Cheap Channel/I Fart Media not long ago) at the bottom of the hour. 1130/102.1 translator runs Faux "News" at the top of most hours. I'm not sure about 1490 or 1570.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom