• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Need NexGen Help

C

CaptainShowbiz

Any experienced pro engineers who know NexGen willing to consult. And by consult, I mean help me get mine functioning again? I did something...and now I get a Copy Error when I click "Save As VoiceTrac." The full message is: C:\Hlc\VTracTmp0.WAV to N:\VT0001RW.WAV Some rights thing? If you can tell me some things to check, I'd really appreciate it. (Or feel free to VNC in and root around!) :) TIA

make sure your "N" drive is mapped. Sometimes Windows will "lose" a mapped drive. Check that first. NexGen uses the two drives on the audio server to store the audio and play it out. If the workstation that you're on has lost connection to the "N" drive, it won't copy the local VT file over to the network drive.

Sometimes it can be as simple as browsing the drive to bring it back.

WNTIRadio makes a good point, I have seen Windows get flakey with my drive mappings.

Also, check the type of user that you are logging into the machine. If it is a restricted user, it might not have rights to the proper folders.

And check to make sure you have enough drive space.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom