• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

need a cheap solution

T

tjthedj

Here is what I have;
8000 songs ripped to hard drive.
4000 "beautiful music"
2500 "oldies"

OTS Radio software

Now - I'm PLAYING radio for me only. I'd like to get this music OUT.

Should I
part 15 broadcast?
internet broadcast?
podcast?

Need a CHEAP LEGAL solution about what to do.
Comments welcome.

> Here is what I have;
> 8000 songs ripped to hard drive.
> 4000 "beautiful music"
> 2500 "oldies"
>
> OTS Radio software
>
> Now - I'm PLAYING radio for me only. I'd like to get this
> music OUT.>

I can't advise you on which method is best to play your favorite music. But, I believe what you're doing is a good thing if you really love that type of music. There's sure not much place for it in commercial radio as businesses seem to have very little interest in consumers over age 54. The wants of advertisers really drives radio's format selection.

By the way....do you advertise your business on local radio in your market? Just curious.
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by John T. Arthur on 08/26/05 10:33 AM.</FONT></P>

John, WHAT business? I'm trying to figure out what to do with what I have. Is putting this on the internet or podcasting or a part 15 radio station the best thing to do? WHERE do I start?

> John, WHAT business? I'm trying to figure out what to do
> with what I have. Is putting this on the internet or
> podcasting or a part 15 radio station the best thing to do?
> WHERE do I start?
>

Try this link:

[*] Live 365

http://www.nrgkits.co.uk/nrg_4-6/enter.html

Check out this web site. They have everything from 50mw FM transmitters (cheap) to 40 watt jobs. Legal? Certainly not. But certainly workable and inexpensive. Stick to the 1w or lower xmitters and you could have fun with your music.

> Here is what I have;
> 8000 songs ripped to hard drive.
> 4000 "beautiful music"
> 2500 "oldies"
>
> OTS Radio software
>
> Now - I'm PLAYING radio for me only. I'd like to get this
> music OUT.
>
> Should I
> part 15 broadcast?
> internet broadcast?
> podcast?
>
> Need a CHEAP LEGAL solution about what to do.
> Comments welcome.
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom