• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Need a bit of information on a classic piece of music

Hi, folks. Can anyone help me identify the artist behind one of my favorite pieces of instrumental music? The Michael Legrand classic tune "Summer Me Winter Me" has been played for decades on Easy Listening stations. But does anyone know who performed this very popular all instrumental version?

It was the theme from the 1969 movie "Picasso Summer". (Albert Finney, Yvette Mimeux)

The classic vocal version was done by Frank Sinatra in 1979. (From the Reprise Years compilation)

A beautiful Alan and Marilyn Bergman, Michel LeGrand composition. (which is also a part of a Michel LeGrand medley. The original theme was played by LeGrand, as well, if not mistaken.)

Barbra Streisand also had a very nice version.

The Glenn Miller Orchestra has a short video version of the song currently posted on YouTube, as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U9cjL2XAqQ&mode=related&search=

Jan Eisen did a vocal version last year.

I hope this helps. A favorite song.

Johnf
Why not GOOGLE it (google.com) and see the hundreds of sources you'll have.

I did indeed Google it, but haven't been able to pin down what I was looking for. The version that I frequently hear on EZ listening stations is all instrumental with very lush strings orchestration. Just beautiful...

Johnf said:
I did indeed Google it, but haven't been able to pin down what I was looking for. The version that I frequently hear on EZ listening stations is all instrumental with very lush strings orchestration. Just beautiful...
I recently joined a site where people ask questions like this. I can't remember where I found it ... wait. The URL must be in the emails I get from them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom