• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nashville's WNAZ May be Sold

This sounds too much like the sale of WMSO AM 640 in Memphis to Bott in 1986. However most of the blame goes on the previous owners selling to a group they knew had no intent of keeping a CCM format.

If the sale of WNAZ still goes through, listeners who supported the station should demand refunds, or at least let Bott know that they will no longer support the station when it changes owners and formats.

I'm not totally against Bott. They do a very good job in the Christian Talk format that they do. But I do think that if they want to be on FM in Nashville that they should buy another station and leave WNAZ alone. However WNAZ's board deserves most of the blame for selling to them in the first place.

I'll admit it could have been worse though. It could have been BBN or worst of all, the owners of WNQM/WWCR that bought WNAZ. :p

anotherguy said:
This sounds too much like the sale of WMSO AM 640 in Memphis to Bott in 1986. However most of the blame goes on the previous owners selling to a group they knew had no intent of keeping a CCM format.

If the sale of WNAZ still goes through, listeners who supported the station should demand refunds, or at least let Bott know that they will no longer support the station when it changes owners and formats.

I'm not totally against Bott. They do a very good job in the Christian Talk format that they do. But I do think that if they want to be on FM in Nashville that they should buy another station and leave WNAZ alone. However WNAZ's board deserves most of the blame for selling to them in the first place.

I'll admit it could have been worse though. It could have been BBN or worst of all, the owners of WNQM/WWCR that bought WNAZ. :p

Seriously?

WOW, little passionate about this are we?

I appreciate your passion but don't know why anyone would be to blame for a business decision?

According to an article in The Nashville Tennessean today at http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...revecca-in-talks-to-sell-campus-radio-station , the potential buyer plans to keep the CCM format. If that's the case then they buyer may be someone else instead of Bott. This article does goive more details that were left out in any earlier articles I've seen or on the resistance website. If this does turn out to be the case, then hopefully it won't be as bad if WNAZ is sold, although I still wonder if the music will still be the same.

If it turns out that Bott isn't the buyer, then I apologize for my part in spreading that rumor.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom