• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Music Vendor/Record World back issues

N

NashRadio

Does anyone know where or who may have Music Vendor mags thru ’64, and/or Record World thru ’82? I’m looking for archived pop charts. Neither the Metro Library nor the Country Music Hall of Fame have these.

You probably already know this, but Joel Whitburn (RecordResearch.com) has published Billboard charts both in book form & dvd. Cashbox charts are online at the Cashboxmagazine.com site.

Thank you

Are you sure the Hall of Fame library doesn't have the issues you are looking for? I've looked at multiple back issues of Record World from the 1960s there numerous times.

Thanks for the responses

I will investigate. Brian, Would I have to pay the museum fee to visit the library?

Last edited:
No, you don't have to pay museum admission to use the library. You just call and make a research appointment in advance and then you tell the people up front that you have an appointment for the library and then someone will come and take you to the archives.

The periodical holdings are still listed in an old fashion card catalog. I'm pretty sure they have the complete run of Record World.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom