• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mumford and Sons = Country?

I could see this song working on an alt. country/americana station (even though the band isn't from the USA), but I just don't understand how it could cross over to a country station.

Mumford and Son's as well as The Punch Brothers are regularly featured on Daniel Mullins' "Bending The Strings" program over WBZI, Xenia (myclassiccountry.com) and he bills his show as the title suggests as an eclectic mixture of Bluegrass, New Grass and Americana. The station is dedicated to preserving classic country and traditional country so I guess they must be somewhere in the broad spectrum of country.

In any event they are more country and more to my personal taste than say Taylor Swift.

I have heard Mumford and Sons on some internet country stations, but not on the air. I wouldn't classify them as country.

Casey said:
I have heard Mumford and Sons on some internet country stations, but not on the air. I wouldn't classify them as country.

Just out of curiosity, what would you classify as country? Not being combative just curious.

1250WTAE said:
This groups sucks! Don't understand how they even got a recording contract and got popular in any genre.

They're not bad. They just belong more on alt rock and AAA, not mainstream country.

I heard this on KMPS the other night. Unbelievable! Mumford and Sons is hot on CHR, HOT AC and ALTERNATIVE, NOT country.

-crainbebo

More country than Aldean, Bryan, Underwood, Swift, Urban, Shelton, and Lambert

Heard this on Buz'n @ 102.9 while I had their stream going on my phone. All stations named in this topic are CBS owned KILT and KMPS.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom