• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Multiple boosters filed for around the Bay Area KOIT/KMVQ/KBLX-FM

They have filed for 5 boosters around the East Bay;
Hwy 4, 4709 Evora Road,
Pittsburg, CA
Roof of a building at Bonaza Street & Mt Diablo Blvd, Walnut Creek
Wieddermann Hill. 2305 Norris Canyon Road, San Ramon
Rocky Ridge, West of Danville
Vollmer Peak, NW of Orinda, CA

Speaking of boosters, I know krbq Q102.1 needs a booster around the Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore area since their signal is horrible around the Tri-Valley area. I know they have a booster at Mt Diablo, but I think their signal is directional that it’s not covering that part of the location.

I am still p.. that KCSM dropped their translator on Diablo. Do they cost that much? They lost at least one subscriber.

I am still p.. that KCSM dropped their translator on Diablo. Do they cost that much? They lost at least one subscriber.

Yes, rent can be expensive

Speaking of boosters, I know krbq Q102.1 needs a booster around the Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore area since their signal is horrible around the Tri-Valley area. I know they have a booster at Mt Diablo, but I think their signal is directional that it’s not covering that part of the location.

you think? have you bothered to look at radio-locator.com's coverage map?

I’ve seen the radio coverage map. Have you tried to listen to the station in the Tri-Valley area? The signal is horrible

Modern boosters of the sort Bonneville will most likely be rolling out are a giant technological step over the old school boosters still operating in the market. If done right they virtually eliminate the interference issues you get from diablo around the east side of the tunnels and down towards San Ramon. KRBQ is a good example it's unlistenable. A locked booster in Pleasanton would really help KRBQ. I think KLLC, KFRC and KITS have boosters in that area so their already paying the rent.

Modern boosters of the sort Bonneville will most likely be rolling out are a giant technological step over the old school boosters still operating in the market. If done right they virtually eliminate the interference issues you get from diablo around the east side of the tunnels and down towards San Ramon.
Several of these modern boosters are already being used by KWFN 97.3/San Diego -- also a terrain-challenged area for FM.

The population growth in areas that typically had poor reception is the big $$ factor. I think that's true in both SD and SF markets, considering the amount of driving. Other markets have niche areas for lower powered or short spaced stations like NY's upper west side (WQXR) and Ch town (SBS). It will be interesting to see if there's a impact on ratings.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom