• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Multicasts

C

Coconuts

So I was reading yesterday that both CBS and Clear Channel are going to be experimenting wiht "Multicasts" in the DFW Market very soon. The muliticasts will only be available to listeners with digital receivers. Supposodly commercial free we will be treated to KVIL-2 or "CHICK ROCK" (no joke) and from Clear Channel KHKS2, Hispanic Contemporary hits. Whadda you think?

> So I was reading yesterday that both CBS and Clear Channel
> are going to be experimenting wiht "Multicasts" in the DFW
> Market very soon. The muliticasts will only be available to
> listeners with digital receivers. Supposodly commercial
> free we will be treated to KVIL-2 or "CHICK ROCK" (no joke)
> and from Clear Channel KHKS2, Hispanic Contemporary hits.
> Whadda you think?
>
All the CC stations have been broadcasting in HD for months now. KZPS
HD 2 is "LONESTAR" a familiar mix of what we used to call progressive country in the "outlaw" years. Remember 92 and a half KAFM? That's LONESTAR KZPS, only w/o jocks, just sweepers and tunes.

So let me get this straight. Each station now has two HD signals. That's two 300-song playlists per channel, giving the listener a grand total of 600 songs per station.

Still feels like we're getting short changed here.

> Still feels like we're getting short changed here.

Just looks like radio's equivalent of digital TV to me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom