• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mix 92.9

(I'm not trying to monopolize the board.) Have they tweaked their format? or at least the playlist? Seems like there are a lot more songs i know & like than 1 or 2 years ago. I'm 69, but there's music up into the 2000s that i like.

There's a similar discussion on the Atlanta board. People are noticing the AC stations are playing fewer currents and more gold. That trend actually began at CHRs two years ago, where they started to emulate Hot ACs. In the case of Mix, they're playing about a dozen currents, and their most played songs get played 3 times a day. That opens a lot of room for more gold. Part of this is the lack of marketable consensus currents that fit the format. Part of it is the aging of the radio audience.

Taking this thread to its extremist extreme: I dream about weekly music surveys (No one under 40 would have any idea.)
*From my own personal archives: Update 12/5/17: Las’ nite I dreamed about WKDA & WMAK surveys from maybe ‘84-‘92. Of which, of course, there were in reality none of, since both of stations had changed formats multiple times by then. Updateder 3/31/18: Saw some from WRLT 100.1 “Radio Lightning”. They kept earlier surveys in filing drawers. And let me peak in! Updatedest: 10/11/23: Imagine my dismay, disappointment & chagrin when out of the megagobs of printed material that some college/university? library didn’t have a single survey. There was something called a WLAC Music Sheet printed on 8½ x 22. (WLAC am not having played music since the ‘70s.)
**I have posted 1,100 Tennessean, WKDA/F, WLAC, WMAK, WSM, surveys (on the way to about 3,500) on arsa: ARSA | Radio Surveys

Back
Top Bottom