• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mix 102.9 - Another one bites the dust

That's it! The brainiacs behind Mix have let go the ONLY thing they had going for that soccer mom loving, John Tesh mess, Bryan Adams - Journey - Aerosmith playing piece of crap station. Julie Fisk is no longer a part of the new Morning Mix. Actually, Julie WAS the new Morning Mix. As far as the on air lineup... Tony and Crappy are lame, Logan sucks and I think you already know how I feel about John Tesh. If the morning show's ratings were "flat" it wasn't Julie's fault for sure. I hope that, like me, everyone reading this will turn off Mix. Take it off your pre-set... 17th in the ratings + Clear Channel = some kind of Spanish format coming soon anyway. I guess I wouldn't be so upset if this wasn't what I woke up to on my alarm clock. Thank God I have Sirius everywhere else.

> That's it! The brainiacs behind Mix have let go the ONLY
> thing they had going for that soccer mom loving, John Tesh
> mess, Bryan Adams - Journey - Aerosmith playing piece of
> crap station. Julie Fisk is no longer a part of the new
> Morning Mix. Actually, Julie WAS the new Morning Mix. As
> far as the on air lineup... Tony and Crappy are lame, Logan
> sucks and I think you already know how I feel about John
> Tesh. If the morning show's ratings were "flat" it wasn't
> Julie's fault for sure. I hope that, like me, everyone
> reading this will turn off Mix. Take it off your pre-set...
> 17th in the ratings + Clear Channel = some kind of Spanish
> format coming soon anyway. I guess I wouldn't be so upset
> if this wasn't what I woke up to on my alarm clock. Thank
> God I have Sirius everywhere else.
>
I agree. Mix has been SO bad for SO long, it truly is a wonder how Clear Channel keeps it around. Putting Julie on the morning show was not the answer and she shouldn't have to pay for it with her job. The real joke here is that we read the "big news" on all-access that Cappy signed a new deal. Is there ANYONE in this market who really cares? Here we have another brilliant move from the PD who keeps staying employed despite his station being in the toilet for the past two years. Can SOMEBODY please tell us how Pat McMahon keeps his job? This is a radio station that had DOUBLE the numbers they have now just two years ago! Yes, Sunny had something to do with the Mix problems, but hey, they were only around for a year! They got rid of Jeff Elliot, who wasn't doing great but Tony Zaza was not the answer. They got rid of Anna, who actually sounded better at Sunny with Fast Eddie Coyle, and bring in Julie to "chat" with Tony and Cappy? This was a nightmare from day one for any listener. So in true CC fashion, Pat McMahon still has a job after destroying ANOTHER station, Julie is out of work, Sunny is long gone after having better ratings than Mix, and more numbers are on the way. La Preciosa is hot as hell and might just be the #1 station in the market this book. CC actually made one great decision on the format change, but the huge mistake was they changed the wrong station. The morning show at KDMX should be saying "buenos dias!" Infinity knows it too. Have you heard KVIL lately? With the exception of a few late model tunes, they ARE the new Sunny, and the move is going to finally put the Mix out of it's misery.

Yeah Yeah Yeah...

> Thank God I have Sirius everywhere else.

PLEASE... Spare us from your constant bragging about how much you love satellite radio! Take it to the Sirius message board...

I freaked when there was no Julie this morning. She was the only reason I listened at all - the other two guys are so BORING. And Rich was the only reason i listened to 106.1. So now what am I going to do?

Re: Yeah Yeah Yeah...

> > Thank God I have Sirius everywhere else.
>
> PLEASE... Spare us from your constant bragging about how
> much you love satellite radio! Take it to the Sirius
> message board...
>
Ditto. This is for LOCAL radio. As far as the first post goes, is the firing of Julie Fisk the answer for the MIX morning show? Not even close. Nothing against anyone personally, but the show just doesn't work. Tony and Cappy should just be thankful that KVIL chooses to keep Gene and Julie. If the "new" 103.7 wanted to really take over the AC spot, a change should be made now. Geez, between Cappy on Mix, and G&J, all we hear anymore is talk about BABIES!!!! I have nothing against babies, but aren't these stations also talking to many adults who have grown children or no children? They want to hear some other fun information too.
I also agree with the Pat McMahon post. Enough is enough. He's in the Scott Strong category now. Time to move on.

> >
> I agree. Mix has been SO bad for SO long, it truly is a
> wonder how Clear Channel keeps it around. Putting Julie on
> the morning show was not the answer and she shouldn't have
> to pay for it with her job. The real joke here is that we
> read the "big news" on all-access that Cappy signed a new
> deal. Is there ANYONE in this market who really cares? Here
> we have another brilliant move from the PD who keeps staying
> employed despite his station being in the toilet for the
> past two years. Can SOMEBODY please tell us how Pat McMahon
> keeps his job? This is a radio station that had DOUBLE the
> numbers they have now just two years ago! Yes, Sunny had
> something to do with the Mix problems, but hey, they were
> only around for a year! They got rid of Jeff Elliot, who
> wasn't doing great but Tony Zaza was not the answer. They
> got rid of Anna, who actually sounded better at Sunny with
> Fast Eddie Coyle, and bring in Julie to "chat" with Tony and
> Cappy? This was a nightmare from day one for any listener.
> So in true CC fashion, Pat McMahon still has a job after
> destroying ANOTHER station, Julie is out of work, Sunny is
> long gone after having better ratings than Mix, and more
> numbers are on the way. La Preciosa is hot as hell and might
> just be the #1 station in the market this book. CC actually
> made one great decision on the format change, but the huge
> mistake was they changed the wrong station. The morning show
> at KDMX should be saying "buenos dias!" Infinity knows it
> too. Have you heard KVIL lately? With the exception of a
> few late model tunes, they ARE the new Sunny, and the move
> is going to finally put the Mix out of it's misery.
>

Crap Channel has always diluted Mix102.9 to protect..KISS106.1.Kiss is their cashcaddy.Mix is only a property holding so no one will get it,but not placed to compete with Kiss. That is their backwater philosophy.

> > Crap Channel has always diluted Mix102.9 to
> protect..KISS106.1.Kiss is their cashcaddy.Mix is only a
> property holding so no one will get it,but not placed to
> compete with Kiss. That is their backwater philosophy.
>
So what you are saying is that Mix is like the Twister?

> > > Crap Channel has always diluted Mix102.9 to
> > protect..KISS106.1.Kiss is their cashcaddy.Mix is only a
> > property holding so no one will get it,but not placed to
> > compete with Kiss. That is their backwater philosophy.
> >
> So what you are saying is that Mix is like the Twister?
>
Twister was designed to take some of The Wolf's listeners. It failed. The Mix is just a "Positioner" In other words owning the freq.so know one else will,and to never pose a threat to Kiss,where some other owner might. Its just successful enough to bring in some cash but will never be very successful and put the Kiss franchise in trouble. In other markets where Cc has both formats the positions could be reversed.

102.9 in the Metroplex sounds very similar to KAMX down here in Austin. Very limited playlist, heavy repetition, and a very bad morning show. KAMX does quite poorly in the ratings down here and has almost certainly been hurt by KBPA. I suspect Mix 102.9 has been hurt by Jack as well. Who knows what will happen to both stations.

> That's it! The brainiacs behind Mix have let go the ONLY
> thing they had going for that soccer mom loving, John Tesh
> mess, Bryan Adams - Journey - Aerosmith playing piece of
> crap station. Julie Fisk is no longer a part of the new
> Morning Mix. Actually, Julie WAS the new Morning Mix. As
> far as the on air lineup... Tony and Crappy are lame, Logan
> sucks and I think you already know how I feel about John
> Tesh. If the morning show's ratings were "flat" it wasn't
> Julie's fault for sure. I hope that, like me, everyone
> reading this will turn off Mix. Take it off your pre-set...
> 17th in the ratings + Clear Channel = some kind of Spanish
> format coming soon anyway. I guess I wouldn't be so upset
> if this wasn't what I woke up to on my alarm clock. Thank
> God I have Sirius everywhere else.
>

I guess I'm glad I'm no longer in the DFW Metro...over the past several years, the market has literally gone to hell as far as radio goes...used to be the place every with any ambition wanted to be.<P ID="signature">______________
Zach Morton
Chief Engineer
Legend Communications
Gillette, Wyoming</P>

I loved Julie when she was on the Morning Edge with Jagger and Ryan. I didn't like the move to KDMX, because it just did not seem to fit her, though she was still greatness. Tony and Cappy are almost as bad on the air as David Lee Roth. Clear Channel is EVIL!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom