• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Memorial Day weekend is almost here...

I do not think so could be some people are let go that is about it

I've heard that Cox will be changing its DBA to "The New Cox Radio" to match the "New" monikers of their (Old) Houston stations. ;D Just kidding... hope everyone has a great Memorial Day, and please take a moment to remember the sacrifices so many have made to protect our freedom.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You mean like one with REAL hits? Oldies? Perish the thought. No PD alive and running a station nowdays whould even consider such a a stunt. And, the suits would never sign off on it. They don't want radio that anyone will listen to. They just want to play more junk.

Probably 20-25 years ago, I was driving to San Antonio over Memorial Day weekend and once in range of 55 KTSA, instinctly tuned in; they were playing the songs of legendary deceased rockers introing songs with a short 30 sec-1 min artist bio including when and how they passed on...I'd give anything to have the script for that weekend...it was fantastic and relevant programming for the Memorial Day holiday.

On a positive note, XM is hosting a 3-day only Beach Party Weekend channel I assume starting Friday afternoon...

stan said:
In the good old days of radio, you might have a Memorial Day 500 countdown.

And on the Fourth of July, it would be called the "Firecracker 500"! :D

(P.S. Speaking of radio and Memorial Day... read my sig... ;D )

DToTheJ said:
stan said:
In the good old days of radio, you might have a Memorial Day 500 countdown.

And on the Fourth of July, it would be called the "Firecracker 500"! :D

Which is why some tired old bits really do need a rest. Does anyone believe they were really tallied from listener requests? Does anyone really care?

In the Summer of '76, we did exactly that on 1230 KNUZ. We promoted it in advance, encouraging our listeners to help us compile a list of the top 500 songs requested. Then we counted down as we played them beginning Friday at 6PM until Sunday Night at midnight. Did anyone care? Probably not, but we made it sound like they did. As this was a long time ago, I don't remember the details, but I do remember being a part of it.

Chuck Tiller said:
In the Summer of '76, we did exactly that on 1230 KNUZ. We promoted it in advance, encouraging our listeners to help us compile a list of the top 500 songs requested. Then we counted down as we played them beginning Friday at 6PM until Sunday Night at midnight. Did anyone care? Probably not, but we made it sound like they did. As this was a long time ago, I don't remember the details, but I do remember being a part of it.
Heh..heh, Chuck. It's like I was telling someone a while back. "My friends told me I was there, and they said I had a good time, but for the life of me, I don't remember it." Are we getting THAT old?

Boy Chuck, you really are old. That's a whole year before I got started at KQUE! Have a good holiday, brother.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom