• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Marilyn Manson

Yes, why would they. Marilyn is cool, his sister Shirley is even cooler. Garbage is one of my favorite 90’s bands. 30 years ago, I was rocking out to the alternative music scene, now I’m just a cool senior citizen. And yes please do explain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to detract from this news item or the title of this discussion, but it reminded me of a Marilyn Manson story: Back in 1996, Marilyn Manson was planning a tour to promote his "Antichrist Superstar" album. Manson was booked to play a few smaller arenas in midwestern, mostly blue collar towns via an offer advertised in the trades where an agent could book their bands to play in these 3 different cities in a kind of "combo deal". The arenas were happy to get the bookings and since the world was a bit smaller back then and the internet certainly wasn't what it is today, they didn't really know anything about Manson. Soon, there were tons of reports in the local (smaller town) media about the horrid onstage antics Manson was supposedly known for (which turned out to be more rumor and exaggeration than fact, but made Ozzy Osbourne seem mild). The arena managers tried to cancel the bookings but couldn't. School groups, parents, churches, etc. were up in arms. The day of the concert the local police chief, fire chief and county sheriff all showed up to threaten Manson, and went on the news puffing their chests and bragging about how they'd told him off and said "He better not try any funny business here!". Local symphonies and musical theater groups showed up, offering to give attendees of the concert 2 free tickets to one of their performances in exchange for them giving up their ticket to the Manson concert and not attending (I'm guessing they didn't get many takers).

In the end, of course, there were no illegal on-stage antics, no slaughter of animals or bestiality or live sexual intercourse or mutilation and life quickly returned to normal the next day. However, I'm guessing the manager of the venue(s) probably started doing a bit more research and checking on future acts before blindly booking them.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom