• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Manual for TFT8300 STL

Anyone have a manual for the TFT8300 transmitter or 8301 receiver?

I'd be more than happy to pay copying charges!

Thanks!

Oh boy. What a treat they were at first. For the 2 pairs we have it was 7 trips back to the factory in the first 10 years of use.

Here there are mutiple and vastly different versions/revisions of the VCO/MOD SINTHESIZER, LOCK UPCONVERTER/LO, VCO/MODULATOR, OUTPUT/VCO, 63MHZ TO 850KHZ IF BOARD. Plus some mods I've made to get them working again.

May be a while before I could get a copy made. But I do need to get copies made of the large "blue print" type schematics before they fade to oblivion.

Got to keep 'em running since Moseley's no longer making the PCL6000 series analog STL.

Boy I hate to hear that. That really only means Marti is what's left. Their ok but not a Moseley by any stretch. I have a TFT set. We have had several times it's had to go back to get fixed. I finally figured out why though. When the pair was originally bought, they never could get them to work right, so eventually they gave up and let the station keep the loaners. Many years later I was up at the stl Tx site and happened to close the back door, and noticed the damn thing went off the air. A crappy piston cap had wore out, litterly. My guess is that it had one to many retunes over the years for different frequencies as a loaner and had went flakey. I replaced it myself and it's been happily running for several years now. It was in the vco section.

The 8300 systems weren't too bad. I have had issues with the 9100/9107 systems and the Motorola output module. It will partially fail and drop the output power to 4 watts or so. They're discontinued so the only place you can get them is from some dude on Ebay. I never send them back to the factory for service. They rip you off on the price - just like the manual ripoff deal. Mine go to Ted Fuller in North Carolina. He fixes 'em up nice.

I have a few sets of Moseley PCL-6000s available if anyone needs a set. As far as I'm concerned, they're still top of the line as far as analog STLs go.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom