• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

macros for adobe audition

Scholar Brad

Inactive
Inactive User
I heard jitbit and autohotkey can create great macros for windows 7. Anybody using automated macros for audition?

Sb!

The answer could possibly vary.... depending on what version of Audition you are running. I upgraded from 2.0 to 6.0 and though there is a lot in common, there are some things about you as the human interface with these versions of Audition that you will think you are living in two different worlds.

If will be interesting to see what techniques and hints other users offer us.

I think the modern versions of Audition CS 5.5/6.0 are nice, but have far too much 'fluff' and 'video features' that make it less than ideal for broadcast. We have adapted and work well in it, but I long for the old Cool Edit Pro days. Such a simple, fast, powerful program. I knew the day Adobe purchased Syntrillium that I would soon have a bloated program.

I will say that CS 5.5 has been very stable and does not crash like 2 & 3 did. Audition 3 destroyed so many editing sessions of mine, that it propelled my calm nature into downright rage.

I have not played with scripting, but since you have brought it up, I do think I will try to write some simple things and see what happens.

This is harsh, but there are times when I feel that audio is an unwanted orphan child at the Adobe household. My first knowledge of them as a company was their success in the world of graphics. PostScript to drive printers. I took the very first class in desktop publishing offered at Indiana University.... well, at least the first course offered at the Indianapolis Campus... in it was on this brand new darling called PageMaker which at that time was only available for the MAC. PhotoShop... kind of the gold standard for image processing. Acrobat and PDF files. And video. I wonder if video is the cash-cow that drives the company.

Audio is only invited to the family reunions because video needs it.

Example: When you go to the Adobe website, they have a page fulll of programs you can click on for further information. Absent from the page is Audition. Why is that?

I have much the same view of the changes in Audition that ChrisCollins expressed. The user interface is just plain bloated and has been shaped and bent to pretend that the needs of the audio editing person are the exact same needs of the video editing person. I find it cumbersome.

Here is where I may have a different view, Chris. The audio processing engine has been improved greatly. Once in a while I dust off the old Cool Edit (not PRO) and play with it just for grins. Then I process a file in Audition 2.0 and the same file in Audition 6.0 and when it comes to noise reductions and removal, I'll take 6.0 any day.

I just wish it were as simple and dragging a few .dll files back and forth. I would keep the 2.0 GUI, menus, etc and graft them onto the 6.0 processing engine.

(I skipped 3.0 so I can't tell you where I would put it in the mix.)

I am looking forward to someone posting some really good news, some kind of breakthrough on macros, scripts and creating "favorites" that are just a mouse click away.

I will share this "bright idea". Adobe in their wisdom took away that tool bar that you can populate with icons of your choice and had buried a number of things about two layers deep in the menu system. They have moved almost everything to keystrokes and keystroke combinations. That works well in Photoshop... in fact it becomes a necessity in photo editing because you need an action while your mouse-and-cursor are occupied in selecting an area. And they set-up keystroke actions that seem logical and intuitive. I don't find the keystroke options in Audition to be that logical and intuitive. Here is my "bright idea": I have built a spreadsheet of all the Audition available keystrokes. I was looking for the blank places where I could create additional personalized keystrokes. (And also identify original keystroke commands I would never use on the worst day of my life which I could reassign to something that seemed logical to my twisted brain.) ;D It would be like having the favorites panel ON-SCREEN with Audition 2.0.

I agree on the engine... Time Stretch/Compression is the best it has ever been. Quite important on our tak stations where exact time is a must.

I left a key line out of my previous post. On some card stock I am going to print my most used key-stroke combinations and "sticky-note" the cheat-sheet to edge of my monitor. That will make it something of a "manual tool bar" or "Favorites" panel.

We don't all have brains that work the same way. The programmers at Adobe have forgotten about those of us who do not have "photographic memory recall" when it comes to relating a key-stroke combination to some action.

(Back in the days when corporate America was in a frenzy about sensitivity regarding employees and fairness I cause quite a stir one day on the phone with Customer Support at EDS. I commented out loud that this little program they provided the car dealers was obviously written by a female programmer or a team of female programmers. There was this long silence, a gasp you might call it. Then I explained myself. They were explaining to me that there were prompt-texts on the screen. The problem was: I have what is called "traditional male color blindness". If their programming team or quality control team had some males in the group, they would have pointed out to the programmers that many men will not be able to see those error messages. We don't all have brains that work the same way! )

Guys I've been running the AA 2.0 on the demo version of Jitbit and so far everything works. There is a lag since I have recorded 5 automated steps in the macro. When the trial is over i'm switching over to auto hot key. As far as hitting up the bossman for the CS6 AA.... nah... I'm happy with my shortcuts and macros. ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom