• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looking for TFT EAS 911

Trouble From Taiwan, Time For Trouble, Totally Fried Trash, And my favorite: Try Fixing This

Total f^&*%ng Trash

Thats what i called mine in Beulah, ND when it took me 3 days to rethread the damn paper after it ran out.

Hmmmm. I have THREE TFT EAS 911's running as I type this.....connected to TFT EAS 930A receivers......
ALL are running fine --- including the printers!!
They show signs of wear and tear....but they keep chugging away --- RELIABLY!!
As long as there's a supply of paper and ribbons to fit....I'll keep using them....
NOT as a PRIMARY system, of course.....but if they're working good....why junk them??
A testament to the late Dennis Parker's handiwork!!!;)
SomeRadioGuy.......feeding the paper CAN be a trick....
Easiest way is to leave a small strip of OLD paper in ---- and feed the NEW in behind the old...

Kelly......
Correct....they are NOT compliant with current protocol.....
BUT.....they WORK.....and provide monitoring at several points around my house.....
"Waste Not --- Want Not" was drilled into me as a kid.....
If something works well, and is in good shape.....don't pitch it just because it's "old" and "out-of-date"....!!
Heck.....I'M old and out-of-date!!! But I'm not (quite!) ready for the trash heap!!;)

Kelly......
Correct....they are NOT compliant with current protocol.....
BUT.....they WORK.....and provide monitoring at several points around my house.....
"Waste Not --- Want Not" was drilled into me as a kid.....
If something works well, and is in good shape.....don't pitch it just because it's "old" and "out-of-date"....!!
Heck.....I'M old and out-of-date!!! But I'm not (quite!) ready for the trash heap!!;)
Yes, keeping things around that are no longer usable in modern times just because they still power up.
Believe the term is called 'hoarding'. And I'm not quite sure how the EAS 911 box monitors anything. Thought that was just the tuner frame.
But hey, everyone needs a hobby, right?

Yes, keeping things around that are no longer usable in modern times just because they still power up.
Believe the term is called 'hoarding'. And I'm not quite sure how the EAS 911 box monitors anything. Thought that was just the tuner frame.
But hey, everyone needs a hobby, right?
This is hoarding:
. Having one or two units does not classify as hoarding.

This is hoarding:
. Having one or two units does not classify as hoarding.

Hey buddy, before you claim that somebody is hoarding when Antonio runs an ebay store selling weather radios and stuff, and most of that stuff is available for offer on ebay, just check out the entire wider EAS community as a whole, such as dewpoint or other individuals in this community.

There's a whole cesspool of people who hoard this stuff, there's an entire community behind it but singling out somebody who runs a business selling this equipment is rather a based take in my opinion.

Also, you're more likely to find a SAGE 1822 than a TFT, and TFT's don't autorelay like sage's do. You're wasting your money if you want a TFT so bad.

Back
Top Bottom