• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looking for Account Executives for SC area station

radioboss

Inactive
Inactive User
Does anybody have an interest in being an Account Executive for a SC area station?

I am looking for some good talent that may have wasted their time at other stations and is looking for an opportunity to make some money.

Email to [email protected]

Hey, so am I! Long-term employees only, who like to be well appreciated, well treated, highly paid, and even possibilities for rapid advancement to sales manager and even general manager.

Who knows, at the rate I'm going, Kerby could give you my job!

Steve,

You have seen both sides of sales reps here in our market. (some folks might not know Steve places buys for a local biz too) Its hard for reps. Its hard for management too. There are great sales people here. I marvel at them. There is also a "revolving door at each and every station here. There is always a struggle at the bottom for fresh talent. There is always a learning curve. I dont think anybody can argue the idea that seasoned sales reps here can carry the lists they have across the street to a new station.

Believe it or not, not many people want to do sales in the State College area.

Is it because they think they would get burned again (at another station).

Just a note to anyone thinking about this post...
Not all broadcast sales organizations are the same as Forever, Magnum, Allegheny Mtn. Network, First Media, and other groups in the market.
However, I will say that you will become more regimented in the "art" of sales. You wouldn't be just a number and expected to hit unobtainable sales goals. Bonuses are also key to motivate sales people.

So, if you are thinking about this post; don't be afraid, scared, or apprehensive about broadcast sales. It can be fun and rewarding.

radioboss said:
So, if you are thinking about this post; don't be afraid, scared, or apprehensive about broadcast sales. It can be fun and rewarding.

Selling a Williamsport station in the already over-radioed State College market? Did you mention challenging?

radioboss said:
Believe it or not, not many people want to do sales in the State College area.

Is it because they think they would get burned again (at another station).

Just a note to anyone thinking about this post...
Not all broadcast sales organizations are the same as Forever, Magnum, Allegheny Mtn. Network, First Media, and other groups in the market.
However, I will say that you will become more regimented in the "art" of sales. You wouldn't be just a number and expected to hit unobtainable sales goals. Bonuses are also key to motivate sales people.

It might not be the best thing for me to say, however if somebody is "afraid, scared, or apprehensive" about anything they will be eaten alive in our happy little valley. Thanks so much for the Amway speech. Radio sales pros here need to be strong and loyal. "afraid, scared, or apprehensive" won't cut it. I think anybody that is in the know can see some ties between your company and one you mentioned above.

It just seems that too many people are getting ate alive working in State College radio.

There is lots of reasons for sales people to move on; but, for an organization the size of F.B.I. to have at least four GM's in the last several years is not a high vote of confidence in their people they hire to turn their station(s) around in a reasonable amount of time. What, give them one, maybe two books to show improvement.

Like in the old wine commercial on tv from the 70's...
"All good wines come with time!"

Well, the same goes with ratings books and revenue climbs.

Not that I am the expert (and know everything); but, that amount of insecurity is not good for our business (in general).

Maybe, the owners of these groups (big and small) should take an inner self-examination of themselves and ask themselves...
1. What's different with these stations, than when they only had one or two stations in the group?
2. What positive changes do I (we) need to make in order to turn our operation around?
3. Have I (or we) got the people that can make the situation better in terms of ratings, revenue and results?

Yeah, we may have dj's that will come and go; so, will ae's. But, if you are putting the right people on your staff; you won't have to keep searching all the time. Just, on occasion.

But, stations have got to stick to a plan (format) and build upon it. Not change formats like underwear.

BTW, I am not a Williamsport station trying to sell State College either.

Our announcement will come soon.

Radioboss.

Please, .... Forever has only one problem. They lose the mistake-making addict and they eventually win $.

GM #5, wait #6, and SM #8 (?) may make the difference. ::)

The paradox is, the hypothetical person that can really make a difference will so threaten the powers in charge that they will be canned at first opportunity.

The line you butchered is "we will sell no wine before its time." The actor was Orson Welles Welles and the winery was Paul Masson.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom