• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Livio Radio App

Hey gang. As some of you know, I have been a BIG proponent of getting the word out about just how EASY it is to listen to your favorite stations (Internet or otherwise) in your car in digital sound, and no, I am NOT talking about HD-2, 3, or whatever halfheartedly programmed HD Smooth Jazz stream I see pop up from time-to-time. ;D Of course, there are a number of quality mobile radio apps available for Droid and iPhone users (and even my friends STILL loyal to their BlackBerry!). My personal favorite for the last couple of years has been the TuneIn Radio Pro app[EDIT*]Well, the folks at Radiotime (who gave us TuneIn) have one-upped themselves. This week, I purchased the Livio Radio Pro app at the Google Play store [EDIT*], and I have to tell you, at first glance, I LOVE this thing. Here's why. Not only does it utilize Radiotime's vast directory, that includes Internet only and terrestrial radio streams. But the BIG selling point for me is their display. It looks like a touch screen panel for a car stereo. There are large, push-button numbers for station presets, and a scrolling display above for station and track data. This facilitates changing stations as if you were changing them on a standard car stereo. No more looking down and scrolling through stations on your smartphone to find your favorites, which is not only unsafe but illegal in many states. Now all you need to do is push a numbered preset, and you are on your way to the content YOU want and in digital sound. It just doesn't get any better! If your existing car stereo has an AUX out jack on the face, or a cassette player, it's REAL easy to make this happen. Otherwise, getting access to the AUX out RCA plugs on the back of your car stereo is not particularly difficult, especially if you have an after market system installed.

You can find more info about the Livio Radio app below. And for those conspiracy theorists out there, I do NOT get compensated by Radiotime for this plug or any other! :D Just trying to share my positive experience with everyone and to further the cause for Internet radio listeners and programmer. Peace.

http://www.livioradio.com/car/

[EDIT*-unauthorized promotion]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom