• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Live Local Programming

F

frank74

What are the best stations in the country for live local programming and a wide playlist of new, recurrents, and classic country?

Barry:

That's what I'm doing on Big D Country. All the currents are on the air, but there's a healthy dose
of classic country, too. Some of the cuts are pretty deep. I do play some songs not often heard even on classic country stations.

Right now the station is Internet only, but I plan to apply for an LPFM when the opportunity arrives. I've been streaming country since 2003.

I also take requests, and generally try to play those back between 11:55 and 1:30 p, Eastern Time.

I'm "off" from being on the air today due to a family member having minor surgery but am generally on from 10am to 3 pm EST on weekdays.

Alan
http://www.bigdcountry.com

Alan,

Good station. I'm sure Tallahassee country music lovers would appreciate another choice on FM. Isn't your local Clear Channel station almost all voicetracked and the music is controlled elsewhere?

Frank,

Yes, the CC station is WTNT-FM. Very much voice tracked and not much beyond the current Top 40 country.

I'm definitely working hard to be a different kind of country station!

Here at WLRE Radio we do just that, we play the current country hits mixed with just about all the country classics you can think of including a good mixture of 80's 90's and 2000 country to today. This was the reason we started WLRE Radio 12 years ago since you couldn't seem to hear anything but the current top 40 country on the dail in our area (South Carolina). We are an LPFM station on 92.9 FM with translators on 96.5 FM and 98.7 FM for those who don't know us. Our website with streaming is www.wlreradio.com. We also play new up and coming singers/preformers off of private labels and materals, and The Bill Rainey Show (5pm to 6pm weekdays) along with some Bluegrass music thanks to Cousin Lee and his live shows 6 am to 9am weekdays and his bluegrass shows Saturday 10 am to 11 am and on Sunday's 6pm to 7pm. Also we are the only station in our area to do true Southern Gospel Music 7am to 12 pm on Sundays. 12 years ago when we started WLRE we got laughed at by some of the almost local radio stations but now they don't laugh at us anymore. We started as one of the first LPFM stations to do country music our own way and today we wouldn't have it any other way.

Gatekeeper:

A few months ago I caught part of the gospel show on Sunday, and thought it sounded good.

I'm in the process of trying to obtain an LPFM here to get our unique sound on an over the the air
station.

How about My Classic Country WBZI-WEDI-WKFI and streaming at:

http://www.myclassiccountry.com/

They are live and local from 5am to 6pm local time in Xenia Ohio. After local sunset they are only on the internet and a single FM translator. And they are automated after 6pm until the following morning. They do have live programming including Chubby Howard on weekends too.

Alan McCall, I'm listening to your Big D Country now. Nice. You just played a song from the 90s that I haven't heard in forever. I love it.

Thank you, oldiesgirl! I'm glad you are hearing music you enjoy.

I do have a question, though. I'm listening now and I haven't heard a DJ. Is it only live at certain times of the day?

I'm usually on from 10am to 3 pm Eastern but was too buried with other work to do the show today. I will be on tomorrow (Friday) as usual, then will be off from being on the air for one week - lots of family coming into town.

After that I'll be back to a regular schedule.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom