• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lite FM and BLS may lose 80's music played by mid to early-late 2020's

By mid to early-late 2020's, 106.7 Lite FM along with 107.5 WBLS may probably lose the 80's music played soon in the future and will play the music from 4 decades are...

1990's
2000's
2010's
2020's

But if you want to listen to the 1980's music on the radio, listen to WCBS-FM 101.1 at anytime.

My local AC plays 4 80s songs and maybe 1 90s song each hour. Whenever these stations drop 80s music, or most of it, I expect AC’s to emphasize on 2000s-present. Moving out of the 60s was easy for AC, moving past the 70s was fairly easy because there was plenty of material from the next decade to increase. However, AC’s still seem to be struggling finding more than several dozen 90s tracks that have a consensus of testing well. I don’t look for AC to move more in to the 90s as the 80s are decreased. They won’t abandon the 90s as long as there are tracks that test well (or nobody gets tired of “Torn” or “Iris”) but I can’t see most AC’s playing more from the decade than they do now. My Audacy AC tried adding more 90s music when they reduced the 70s - 3 songs an hour or more around 2009, but it didn’t last long and we’ve been back to the same burned out songs played 1-2 times an hour.

Father Time says so.

People who were teens in the 60s are in the nursing homes
And some of us are still working. I owned a group of stations starting in 1964.
People who were teens in the 50s are dying off
Some are, but a huge percentage of that pre-Boomer generation are still alive.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom