• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lite 99

Are you kidding? No one in State College area radio wants lite 99 to succeed. If it did, it would sap listeners from every other format including the sainted P-U station, which has no listeners, but can claim an audience because they carry NPR and people DO like that.

If they had any brains over there, they would have reformed the Lite Mess ages ago.

They would

1. Play music that real people like, can hum and maybe remember, instead of the whining unmelodious un-understandable junk that's on now.

2. Fire or tone down the very un-lite, over-enthusiastic banal morning psudo robot and replace him with either a real robot or a real human being.

3. Get rid of that sanctimonious, syrupy, slimy synidcated nighttime show.

4. Get rid of the Mason Adams Sound-Alike logo announcer and replace with someone who sounds like the guy next door only classier.

5. Do an actual newscast now and then. Pick up CBS news or ABC, since there are no local affils of the former and the only affil of the latter is a daytime AM.

6. Promote. Billboards, the CDT, Town & Gown, State College Magazine, Channels 6, 8, 10, 23. Flyers under the windshield. Stream on the internet.

They're trying to be all things to all people, hence they are no things to no people.

gargoyles said:
2. Fire or tone down the very un-lite, over-enthusiastic banal morning psudo robot and replace him with either a real robot or a real human being.

Already gone?

Yes, apparently, but maybe jumped rather than pushed. He was a good jock, but totally wrong for the format.

Between "jumped" and "pushed," he was pushed. Doesn't play well with other children. Unfortunate.

Musically, I think Lite sounds ok but I don't listen a lot and when I do, I kinda think I hear way too much Billy Joel an Elton John. Sorta creates the impression they have a small cd colllection and the thing's stuck on "shuffle" and the same cd keeps popping up with different tracks. But then again, many people would probably argue that Billy Joel and Elton John are staples of the format and to a degree that is probably true but a station like Lite needs to be built on variety as well and I am not so sure you hear enough of that. Yep the morning jock was all wrong. Would have been a cool Hot/AC or CHR or Country Jock perhaps, but its hard to have an up-beat, lively energy driven morning show on a station called LITE. But he was a drastic improvement from that Bob and Sherri crap, so please don't bring that back either.

Deliliah's gotta go. Its far too sappy for the women its supposed to appeal to. You can only hear from so many women wanting to hear songs to reminiss about their happy days before hubby went off to the joint, etc before you say enough is enough. There are a ton of good syndicated shows out there that would blow that away.

I guess for me, I think back on how huge WFBG-FM was back in its day and where Lite is today and there is no comparision. its a strong signal and a great idea, but at the moment it appears Lite is a sleeping giant waiting to be woken up. A little promotion would not hurt either. Many people dont know the thing is out there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom