• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Life after Ellen Degeneres leaves Daytime TV

If Tiffany or someone else doesn't take that studio space at WB, many affiliates will indeed head towards mid-afternoon newscasts. KING 5 News at 3 is not a wild prediction, at least in Seattle. KNDO meanwhile, will likely (come September 2022) fill that 4PM spot with anything and everything that isn't news...even if it's Byron Allen court shows. 4PM news doesn't exist here. We don't even have noon news in Yakima!
WB would reallocate studio space that was used for the Ellen show for a show or movie that's heading to HBO Max.

I had a feeling NBC would fluff Kelly for Ellen's old timeslots. Of course, many of Ellen's skits and events are copyrighted by her and WB, so Kelly can't use '12 Days of Giveaways' at Christmastime, for example.

I had a feeling NBC would fluff Kelly for Ellen's old timeslots. Of course, many of Ellen's skits and events are copyrighted by her and WB, so Kelly can't use '12 Days of Giveaways' at Christmastime, for example.

Would Kelly Clarkson have to repackage segments from The Today show by replacing the Today Host with her crew in the segement.

I wonder what they’ll do in Boston, since Boston is the home of the only NBC O&O that did not carry Ellen. So Kelly will probably stay where she is. And here in Boston, Ellen is actually on twice, at 3pm on WCVB, and at 4pm on WMUR.

Ellen is the last show carried in daytime on the O&O's from an outside source (Warner Bros in this case). In Prime Time, NBC has one show remaining from an outside source, The Blacklist, and next season will probably it's last. It looks as if all programming in NBC in all day parts will be 100 percent in house going forward in 2022.

Ellen is the last show carried in daytime on the O&O's from an outside source (Warner Bros in this case). In Prime Time, NBC has one show remaining from an outside source, The Blacklist, and next season will probably it's last. It looks as if all programming in NBC in all day parts will be 100 percent in house going forward in 2022.
Was it just a national contract with WB to carry her show? Why not put something in house from the start.

Back in 2003 when the Ellen show began, that was the transition year from GE to what today is NBC Universal. And Warners was producing quite a few hits for the network in Prime Time; Friends, ER, The West Wing. Their O&,O's were hit starved in the Daytime hours, so they were happy to take a chance with what could be money making gold for them.

In Des Moines Iowa I could see Kelly Clarkson move from 12:35am to 4pm when Ellen leaves since they both air on KCCI (CBS 8) but in northern Iowa Ellen airs at 4pm on KGAN CBS 2 while Kelly Clarkson airs at 3pm on KRCG ABC 9. So my guess they would put a new on at that time on CBS 2 or move Kelly Clarkson to cbs 2 and move Dr. Oz to 3pm on ABC 9 since they moved Dr. Oz to 12:05 am when they added a newscast at 4pm last fall.

I wonder what they’ll do in Boston, since Boston is the home of the only NBC O&O that did not carry Ellen. So Kelly will probably stay where she is. And here in Boston, Ellen is actually on twice, at 3pm on WCVB, and at 4pm on WMUR.
I didn’t think Ellen could air twice a day. Does Boston get an exception because the O&O doesn’t air her?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom