• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

License

A

admcs13

This is my first time working on a license renewal. We expire April 1, 2006. On the FCC website it says our renual application was accepted for filing (after we submitted on Dec 1). We have been making our post filing annoucements on the das required since.

Was just wondering when we hear back from the FCC about our new license? Is there a usual time frame for the next steps?

Thanks<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by admcs13 on 01/17/06 02:30 AM.</FONT></P>

Re: Licence

Thats interesting did the FCC divide the counrty with renewal dates?
all the stations that I know Of expire in June of 2006 and have to be filed
By Febuary 1st. but then again they are East coast stations..
anyone know How they worked this out?

> This is my first time working on a licence renewal. We
> expire April 1, 2006. On the FCC website it says our renual
> application was accepted for filing (after we submitted on
> Dec 1). We have been making our post filing annoucements on
> the das required since.
>
> Was just wondering when we hear back from the FCC about our
> new licence? Is there a usual time frame for the next steps?
>
>
> Thanks
>

It's spelled "License."

Unless someone files against you, or ownership hasn't paid all the regulatory fees, you will see something around June or July.

Yes, licenses expire at different times for different states. Our renewal was in 2003, (WV), while the folks across the river (Ohio) renewed in 2004.

TV licenses also expire at different times than radio stations in the same state.

Humm..If nothing came until June or July, how would we know if we should stop broadcasting when it expired in April?

You say licence, I say license...

> It's spelled "License."

It is in the US, yes, but not in Great Britain or Canada, where it is indeed spelled "licence."

I won't get into the colour/color, gaol/jail, kerb/curb, or tyre/tire issues...

-- JasonW

> Humm..If nothing came until June or July, how would we know
> if we should stop broadcasting when it expired in April?
>
Easy, if you broadcast past the day your license expires, the FCC will take notice and most likely fine you for either not filing a renewal in time, or broadcasting without a license (or both)., and either or is a big penalty.

You said you filed yours?
Which station is it by chance?

The FCC would tell you if they didn't like it.

Seriously, as long as your renewal is on file it is a pending application that the Commission must resolve one way or another before taking other action (like sending in the Federal marshalls to seize the transmitter ;-) )

Not at all uncommon for several months to pass after the "official" renewal date for a routine renewal application to be processed.

Re: You say licence, I say license...

> I won't get into the colour/color, gaol/jail, kerb/curb, or
> tyre/tire issues...

...or programme/program, pfl/cue, or fader starts!<P ID="signature">______________
...co-moderator of the Satellite Radio, Phoenix, and San Diego boards...</P>

Re: You say licence, I say license...

> pfl fader starts!

I'm not familiar with those 2!

-A<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

> > Humm..If nothing came until June or July, how would we
> know
> > if we should stop broadcasting when it expired in April?
> >
> Easy, if you broadcast past the day your license expires,
> the FCC will take notice and most likely fine you for either
> not filing a renewal in time, or broadcasting without a
> license (or both)., and either or is a big penalty.

Yeah, RIGHT. In our market, one station COMPLETELY and blatantly forgot to file for renewal. The deadline came, went, and then some. About 9 months after the deadline they applied for renewal. The FCC never caught it, and we all know how they love to admit their errors, so I'm sure the station will be renewed despite their utter failure to care for the most basic things.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom