• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

License to Cover- withdrawn?

On FCC Today I see quite a few LPTV stations that have filed a "L2C-W" which means that they have filed to withdraw their license to cover. How can you legally withdraw such a filing and why is this station group doing this?

Maybe find out the subcontractor that was said it was built but never was.
Withdraw so as not get in trouble if the FCC finds out.
I have seen that with an LPTV and an FM.

The FCC has been cracking down on unbuilt or long-silent LPTVs lately.

I would not be surprised to find out there was a letter of inquiry and the licensee decided to withdraw the license to cover apps rather than have the FCC start issuing fines for lack of candor.

There were a lot of questionable applications when it comes to LPTVs. It is really evident in a more rural state like North Dakota, when you saw applications for quite a few small towns that no national company would ever bother with putting in a LPTV. And those never did get built. The only thing that ever made sense to me is that they were hoping to cash in on reselling when some of that spectrum got reused for cellular service.

The FCC has been cracking down on unbuilt or long-silent LPTVs lately.

I would not be surprised to find out there was a letter of inquiry and the licensee decided to withdraw the license to cover apps rather than have the FCC start issuing fines for lack of candor.
That would be awesome.

Basically they filed for a Silent STA. Filed to build temporary facilities. Filed the Resumed Operation past the one-year deadline (missed it). Did not respond to the FCC's LOI about the late filing. Deleted.

Basically they filed for a Silent STA. Filed to build temporary facilities. Filed the Resumed Operation past the one-year deadline (missed it). Did not respond to the FCC's LOI about the late filing. Deleted.

What's stunning is even though they are VHF and LPTV they would still fetch at least a million dollar each for those two stations. Amazing anyone would "f-up" this badly.

Back
Top Bottom