• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lex & Terry

C

charles123

Just wanted to let you know, what do you think of their show this morning? To me, I think it sucks, if I wanted to hear someone talk for 5 hours I would listen to Live 105.3. Any thoughts!

> Just wanted to let you know, what do you think of their show
> this morning? To me, I think it sucks, if I wanted to hear
> someone talk for 5 hours I would listen to Live 105.3. Any
> thoughts!
>
it could be worse you could just have david lee roth.

I gave it a shot... I figured that it had been long enough since they were fired that they may have improved, may have gelled, may have gotten good...

I was wrong...

It takes a certain chemistry to pull off a show like theirs wants to be, and they just don't have any. What I get is the impression that you have two hosts trying to be THE host, and considering the other the "co-host". Talking over each other, leaving three or four seconds of dead-air between statements while they try to think of something funny, saying the same thing two-or three times in a row... it just wasn't good.

This is the problem that they had the last time they were on in Market #5. Their show never gelled. It never came together with any sort of focus or theme or direction. It's all over the place, and not in a good way. A phone call brings up a interesting point or topic, and they struggle to get back to their planned, scripted outline of the show for the day.

Now, everyone knows that I'm a fan of the Russ Martin Show, and some of the points that I made could almost be taken from someone else's post about the RMS. But it takes a special chemistry to pull off what the RMS does. Dead air is exaggerated to the point of absurdity, jokes are run into the ground, picked up, dusted off, and then run a little longer. A phone call can change the direction of the show on a dime. But these are things that the RMS has worked to perfect (yes, Mr. Martin has perfected "dead air"), while these are stumbling blocks for other shows whose collaboration seems strained at best. These things are what separate a Dallas/Fort Worth show from a Jacksonville show.

These guys were fired before because the ratings took a nose dive. I think the same thing will happen again. The only problem is that they may take the whole station with them.

Anyone notice that these dweebs started on a Tuesday? Does the management not even have enough faith in them to start them on a Thursday, the start of the radio diary week?

... I've been thinking about how exactly to express what I think of the Lex & Terry show, and I think I finally found the right seven words:

I'd rather listen to David Lee Roth.<P ID="signature">______________
"The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated."
---Oscar Wilde</P>

> > Just wanted to let you know, what do you think of their
> show
> > this morning? To me, I think it sucks, if I wanted to hear
>
> > someone talk for 5 hours I would listen to Live 105.3. Any
>
> > thoughts!
> >
> it could be worse you could just have david lee roth.
>
You watch, the Edge will go in the crapper

Re: Sux & Terry

If Gavin could pull it off... He should to what Russ suggested two weeks ago and put Jagger, Mondo & Dean on in place of DLR. Roth radio sucks but it is not as bad as Lex & Terry. I don't know what the brainiacs at CC were thinking. I think The Morning Edge was pulling about 7th in the morning ratings... Not the best they've done but in Market #5 it is no reason to get popped. They were up against Stern, Dorsey, Jody Dean etc. The Morning Edge had chemistry and was genuinely funny. Both Julie and Jasmine were great! Fridays just won't be the same without Mr. Moviefone.

> If Gavin could pull it off... He should to what Russ
> suggested two weeks ago and put Jagger, Mondo & Dean on in
> place of DLR. Roth radio sucks but it is not as bad as Lex
> & Terry. I don't know what the brainiacs at CC were
> thinking. I think The Morning Edge was pulling about 7th in
> the morning ratings... Not the best they've done but in
> Market #5 it is no reason to get popped. They were up
> against Stern, Dorsey, Jody Dean etc. The Morning Edge had
> chemistry and was genuinely funny. Both Julie and Jasmine
> were great! Fridays just won't be the same without Mr.
> Moviefone.
>
You summed it up with "brainiacs at CC". Do they ever think with the entire brain or just the stem?

...might as well bring Mikey and Eddie back

Why not Jagger & Julie?

Mondo never appealed to me.

> If Gavin could pull it off... He should to what Russ
> suggested two weeks ago and put Jagger, Mondo & Dean on in
> place of DLR. Roth radio sucks but it is not as bad as Lex
> & Terry. I don't know what the brainiacs at CC were
> thinking. I think The Morning Edge was pulling about 7th in
> the morning ratings... Not the best they've done but in
> Market #5 it is no reason to get popped. They were up
> against Stern, Dorsey, Jody Dean etc. The Morning Edge had
> chemistry and was genuinely funny. Both Julie and Jasmine
> were great! Fridays just won't be the same without Mr.
> Moviefone.
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom