• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Latest Chicago Radio Ratings 7-13-21

Mix 101.9 definitely is underperforming compared to history.

The demise of the Eric & Kathy show coupled with a poor music cycle for the format have definitely hurt the station.

WXRT continuing to do well is a good sign. I have to imagine the ax is hanging over them considering they're pretty much the last of their kind in Audacy's stable.

WXRT will continue to exist as long as it continues to do what it do
WMMM in Madison is very similar to WXRT. I consider their playlist to be "sophisticated adult alternative music" haha.

Both stations appear in the bottom quarter for ratings in their markets. However, I really wonder how much these ratings matter in 2021? Traditional broadcast advertising is outdated compared to targeting digital advertising. Targeted advertising is present when you stream these stations online. I currently live in Minnesota and stream both stations online. I usually get ads for Minnesota-based audiences. Just because WXRT ranks 6th in the Chicago market, and WMMM ranks 6th in the Madison market, doesn't mean they don't generate enough revenue to stay profitable.

Mix 101.9 definitely is underperforming compared to history.

The demise of the Eric & Kathy show coupled with a poor music cycle for the format have definitely hurt the station.
I feel like they will rebound but the imaging is bland. It sounds non-competitive.
I wonder how long B96 will last, if they make a music/format change, The Mix will become more CHR.

Here are the latest Radio Ratings updated 7-13-21
Just love the list...there are at least three stations formats listed as "Spanish". Last I heard Spanish is a language. It might be nice to know exactly what the station is programming.

Just love the list...there are at least three stations formats listed as "Spanish". Last I heard Spanish is a language. It might be nice to know exactly what the station is programming.

The NAB also seems to think "Spanish" is a format as opposed to a language.

Suffice it to say - I disagree with the NAB! (An organization I despise in any event.)

Remember, Nielsen does not give format data with the 6+ or 12+ "free" share release. The individual publications and websites that publish the "ratings" put in things like format, owner, etc.

And that is a good example of a website that tries to accurately show both the owner and the format.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom