• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KZPT & Ratings

spongebag7890

Inactive
Inactive User
Has anyone at all checked the ratings yet? At all? Did you look at KZPT? Guess what...Z isn't working. (Why am I not suprised?)

For other ratings, KIIM and Mix blew away every other station as usual. KRQ still getting consistently good ratings. Also a big jump for Mega Oldies 106.3.

For losers, KLPX took a suprisingly huge nose dive, leaving ROCK 107.5 above it. Also KCMT fell big time (possibly due to controversy?). And for the triple adult contemporares, all Mountain, Bob, and Z sucked the big one.

Otherwise the exciting Z and suprising KLPX news, nothing truly exciting...

spongebag7890 said:
Has anyone at all checked the ratings yet? At all? Did you look at KZPT? Guess what...Z isn't working. (Why am I not suprised?)

For other ratings, KIIM and Mix blew away every other station as usual. KRQ still getting consistently good ratings. Also a big jump for Mega Oldies 106.3.

For losers, KLPX took a suprisingly huge nose dive, leaving ROCK 107.5 above it. Also KCMT fell big time (possibly due to controversy?). And for the triple adult contemporares, all Mountain, Bob, and Z sucked the big one.

Otherwise the exciting Z and suprising KLPX news, nothing truly exciting...
I wonder if 106.3 and 96.1 is a shifting audience. I'm betting so. The playlist is so predictable at 96 that it literally hurts after a few days. They need to look at a new programming scheme before they lose whatever audience is left.

HUH? I'm wondering what rhythmic oldies 106.3 and (classic?) rock 96.1 have in common.

Did you mean 96.1 and 107.5?

Also, who won the 18-34 ratings? I know MIX and KIIM got the 25-54's.

[/quote]
I wonder if 106.3 and 96.1 is a shifting audience.
[/quote]

While we'd like to say its on track when its good but when its bad we say its wrong? really crazy the drop off!! But thats the way the drop goes. CMT wouldn't have been affected by the PD Deportation, if I hear Lou Reed again, I'm taking my own life with a butter knife!

lamey said:
While we'd like to say its on track when its good but when its bad we say its wrong? really crazy the drop off!! But thats the way the drop goes. CMT wouldn't have been affected by the PD Deportation, if I hear Lou Reed again, I'm taking my own life with a butter knife!

Yes, but remember all the summer walk-outs to city hall that the DJs seemed to promote? That's the controversy. As for the PD, it will only effect the playlist....

Yes. I looked them up three minutes ago. And for Z, they are terrible. They are currently second lowest. What ratings are you looking at?

Not a big gain, they're still pretty low, but they are taking away from Mountain.

I bet by summer of next year Mountain will have a format change. Anyone wanna bet sooner?

Still surprised that the Mountain even lasted a year after replacing the Country format.

They blew up Coyote Country 929 after only a couple of years and they always had better ratings.

Interesting how CC holds onto some formats and simply lets go of others...

If I'm not mistaken, Country is a ratings leader in Tucson. Not so sure about the AAA format though?

Well, in my perspective, Clear Channel wants to continue tweaking Mountain to see if it can at least get above BOB and Z, which it did (Z is now slightly above it). But it seems like they've done all they could. It really it sad to see a huge (probably the clearest signal in the city) 100 watt station go to dust, but it's obvious AAA isn't a favorite in Tucson.

Formats left:

-Urban, but no way this would work. Hurban might.

-Asian, but who in Tucson would listen to this.

-Active rock, but usually when a city has an alternative rock station (KFMA), active rock isn't necessary.

-Rhythmic AC, but this format usually only works in big cities for some odd reason.

-Dance, this could work IF it's done correctly. (possibly to take away Hot's audience by adding a bit of hip-hop to the playlist, like the Power format, but then again Hot IS owned by CC, maybe a good idea for BOB-FM)

Oh, and on the bid, I bet BOB to switch spring 2007.

Re: kwmt

spongebag7890 said:
I bet by summer of next year Mountain will have a format change. Anyone wanna bet sooner?

xmamfm said:
Still surprised that the Mountain even lasted a year after replacing the Country format.

They blew up Coyote Country 929 after only a couple of years and they always had better ratings.

Interesting how CC holds onto some formats and simply lets go of others...

If I'm not mistaken, Country is a ratings leader in Tucson. Not so sure about the AAA format though?

it shouldn't have lasted this long
no one there will admit to screwing up though

92.9 still has decent numbers in key demos. It is a sales game boys. They are making money so they won't change it. Also some fragile egos on the line.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom