• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KVSA signs off

Found out late yesterday that KVSA 1220 AM signed off for good. I used to listen to them when my driving took me through the Dermott / McGeehee / Lake Village area. They were a real throwback - eclectic music and live bodies behind the mic all during the day, along with local news and happenings. I had the opportunity to stop by a few years ago and look around - KVSA was a real trip back in time. Sad to see it gone for good, but understand the difficulty in keeping a standalone AM daytimer alive, especially with no FM translator.

Found out late yesterday that KVSA 1220 AM signed off for good. I used to listen to them when my driving took me through the Dermott / McGeehee / Lake Village area. They were a real throwback - eclectic music and live bodies behind the mic all during the day, along with local news and happenings. I had the opportunity to stop by a few years ago and look around - KVSA was a real trip back in time. Sad to see it gone for good, but understand the difficulty in keeping a standalone AM daytimer alive, especially with no FM translator.

also, no website, no automation, no podcasts, no live streaming, no regularly updated facebook page.. and they have sometimes not even operated the "full day" a daytimer would.. theyve been hanging on for years.. the lady owner holding onto it to keep her husbands memory alive and often poured her own money into it..... trhis ones been hanging on for years

also, no website, no automation, no podcasts, no live streaming, no regularly updated facebook page.. and they have sometimes not even operated the "full day" a daytimer would.. theyve been hanging on for years.. the lady owner holding onto it to keep her husbands memory alive and often poured her own money into it..... trhis ones been hanging on for years[/QUOTE

That's a shame. I used to listen to them during my rides through the Delta. It could also be heard on the Mississippi side and could get into Greenville, MS. Cool station. The also had a very unique and nice building. On highway 65

also, no website, no automation, no podcasts, no live streaming, no regularly updated facebook page.. and they have sometimes not even operated the "full day" a daytimer would.. theyve been hanging on for years.. the lady owner holding onto it to keep her husbands memory alive and often poured her own money into it..... trhis ones been hanging on for years[/QUOTE

That's a shame. I used to listen to them during my rides through the Delta. It could also be heard on the Mississippi side and could get into Greenville, MS. Cool station. The also had a very unique and nice building. On highway 65

I've worked in southern arkansas and mississippi delta radio and even if this station had caught up with modern times, it'd still be suffering

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom