• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KVIL

C

charles123

Will KVIL pick up where MIX left off? Re-Brand as Hot A/C??

jeffdfw said:
I heard Shannon - Let the Msic Play followed by Bon Jovi... Didn't seem like Lite Rock to me.

Then they played Usher- DJ Got Us Fallin In Love. That don't sound like Lite Rock to me neither.

WLTW in NY used to be one of the most aggressive, upbeat, and young-leaning AC in the nation. WLTW is nothing compared to KVIL now. Our local AC here in the DFW market is the most aggressive AC in the nation now, WLTW isn't anymore.

Lol, KVIL has made WLTW too easy listening. :D

"Lite Rock" stations aren't what they used to be these days. My guess is they're trying to attract a younger and hipper audience. It would be one thing to pick these songs up for AC:

- "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye
- "We Are Young" by Fun
- Anything from Adele (Though I never thought "Rolling in the Deep" would make it to AC due to this lyric "Go ahead, sell me out, and I'll lay your sh** bare".)
- "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day
- "Secrets" by OneRepublic
- "Sober" by Pink

I NEVER thought these songs would be picked up by AC stations due to their lyrical content, no matter how edited they are.

- "DJ Got Us Falling In Love" by Usher
- "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" by Katy Perry
- "Raise Your Glass" by Pink
- "Forget You" (Originally titled "F*** You") by Cee-Lo Green (To this day, I'm still shocked on how 103.7 Lite FM was able to obtain it)
- "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake
- "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz
- "Hellagood" by No Doubt
- "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day

Yeah, forgot to mention that. Plus there are dozens others I forgot to list as well. Of course, if they air Enrique Iglesias' "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)", I'm gonna die (not literally though).

I grew up listening to 103.7 KVIL while traveling around town with my mom during my childhood, and never did I imagine them shedding its soft side until recently. Sure my music taste can change & expand (I do like listening to rap, rock, jazz, reggae, classics, etc.), but...oh boy.

OH and its Newest DJ is Lisa Paige from Now 92.3 in nyc she will do afternoon drive and fill in work on the weekends

and i have to wonder if they brought her on board for the new amp Radio could that sign on the weekend of 4th of July ???

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom