• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KVIL LIGHT AIRSTAFF NEWS

My sources tell me that the KVIL airstaff has not been fired and they will be back on the air after January 1.

> My sources tell me that the KVIL airstaff has not been fired
> and they will be back on the air after January 1.
>
I wish I could claim this comment from a respected industry veteran as my own:

"Good! Send the manager a carrot! What that business needs is NO overhead. Get rid of those warm bodies. Bring in the chips. Sell those spots at a dollar a holler. Who cares about ratings. Send out more 22 year olds in short skirts working commission only. Think of the margins. The Board will love me. I love me. Screw the rest of you.

BTW: Fire the manager and cancel the check to his sister who did those voicers."

> My sources tell me that the KVIL airstaff has not been fired
> and they will be back on the air after January 1.

Not everyone will return, sadly...

A hypothetical: Gene and Julie are on vacation. They're back Tuesday for mornings. Leeann (as in Leeann and Charlie Tuna in L.A.) is at KVIL part time. She takes middays. Larry Dixon is out at KLUV. He's back for afternoons. Barnett and King are gone. Delilah stays. Mary Rose stays. No jocks now, but they start with the morning show Tuesday. Like I said, it's hypothetical. Any other ideas?

It's a shame whats happened to radio...

but they cant afford to do it any more.

For those who really "know" the legend KVIL will understand what that means.

The Powerhouse is dead, long live the Powerhouse.

Re: It's a shame whats happened to radio...

> but they cant afford to do it any more.
>
> For those who really "know" the legend KVIL will understand
> what that means.
>
> The Powerhouse is dead, long live the Powerhouse.
>
It's as if KVIL was foreshadowing the massive change in the making, when the jingle was in frequent use all those years ago. Requiem for a radio station.

> A hypothetical: Gene and Julie are on vacation. They're back
> Tuesday for mornings. Leeann (as in Leeann and Charlie Tuna
> in L.A.) is at KVIL part time. She takes middays. Larry
> Dixon is out at KLUV. He's back for afternoons. Barnett and
> King are gone. Delilah stays. Mary Rose stays. No jocks
> now, but they start with the morning show Tuesday. Like I
> said, it's hypothetical. Any other ideas?
>
Last I knew Ken was their only reason to celebrate a book's release date. Has that changed?

I wish they'd dump Dull-lilah and go local. I will admit, however, that she's 80 million times better than her Premiere/CC counterpart John Tesh. That "show" is a god-awful pile of crap. He makes liner jocks sound interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Mix gets a goose egg across all demos when that show runs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom