• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KRTH vs KOLA a clear difference

There is a clear difference with kola and krth. First kola leans more pop classics than KRTH. Second kola plays artist that KRTH won't like Shania Twain and Faith Hill. Third kola plays Mariah Carey. And other pop artist like Selena. Like I could fall in love and dreaming of you Tonight.
4th kola is at number 1 share overall for several months now KRTH isn't. Any thoughts on my post? Am I wrong or right?

Last edited:
There is a clear difference with kola and krth. First kola leans more pop classics than KRTH. Second kola plays artist that KRTH won't like Shania Twain and Faith Hill. Third kola plays Mariah Carey. And other pop artist like Selena. Like I could fall in love and dreaming of you Tonight.
4th kola is at number 1 share overall for several months now KRTH isn't. Any thoughts on my post? Am I wrong or right?
It's entirely possible that KOLA is paying very close attention to the IE's very large Hispanic audience.

It's entirely possible that KOLA is paying very close attention to the IE's very large Hispanic audience.
LA is 47% Hispanic and Riverside/San Bernardino is 51% Hispanic. And in 18-49 and 25-54, the difference is even less. Where there is a greater difference is in "language dominance" where the IE has more English dominant Hispanics.

Another thing to consider is that KFRG was #1 6+ many times in the 90s and 2000s so a lot of KOLA listeners are familiar with songs
by Shania Twain and Faith Hill as opposed to LA which didn't have a top rated country music station back then.

Another thing to consider is that KFRG was #1 6+ many times in the 90s and 2000s so a lot of KOLA listeners are familiar with songs
by Shania Twain and Faith Hill as opposed to LA which didn't have a top rated country music station back then.
But the cume rating of Froggy was less than 15% of the market, so about 7 out of every 8 people did not listen to country and probably have no knowledge of the country songs.

And there was no 6+ in the 90's and then, not until the PPM rolled out in 2009 did we have anything beyond 12+ on the young end.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom