• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KRTH ties for first in LA ---

Tejano 107.5 rocks in San Antonio.... and noTejano in Houston. lol

There have been some gargantuan threads on the LA board where they complain endlessly about the KRTH playlist. It is NOT what the OP is looking for, which would be something similar to what LPFM KHGV is doing.

Well, if some station owner in Houston wants to do Classic Hits, it's one of the formats my consultancy specializes in.

Just sayin' ... :cool:

Well, if some station owner in Houston wants to do Classic Hits, it's one of the formats my consultancy specializes in.

Just sayin' ... :cool:

Would you customize it to Houston musical idiosyncrasies, if any -- maybe Seger didn't do as well there as in the Midwest, or Cyndi Lauper as well as in the Northeast -- or is the format one size fits all, no "bad songs."

Would you customize it to Houston musical idiosyncrasies, if any -- maybe Seger didn't do as well there as in the Midwest, or Cyndi Lauper as well as in the Northeast -- or is the format one size fits all, no "bad songs."

I think A answered you best. I wouldn't be as concerned with whether or not a song was a "hit" in Houston as a current but I would definitely want to know what songs today's residents of Space City consider to be hits when they listen to music now.

K. M., you should call KLOL and discuss this with them. They could use a change.

You would have KLOL dump a format aimed at a young and growing demographic and replace it with a format aimed at a much older and shrinking demographic? And that will attract advertisers...how?

Not knocking the format that K.M. consults, but it would not be an improvement for KLOL.

K. M., you should call KLOL and discuss this with them. They could use a change.
You would have KLOL dump a format aimed at a young and growing demographic and replace it with a format aimed at a much older and shrinking demographic? And that will attract advertisers...how?

Not knocking the format that K.M. consults, but it would not be an improvement for KLOL.

No offense taken, Mediafrog. You're absolutely right that a station which is doing well in its target demo shouldn't dump everything in favor of chasing something else. KLOL may not be palatable to Stan's taste but its Spanish language CHR format is getting it respectable mid-range 6+ numbers. (Perhaps David will tell us how they are doing in their target demographics.)

And Stan ... consultants cold calling stations almost always get hung up on. Not that CBS ever uses outside consultants anyway.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom