• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KRLD AM Jingles?

Can anyone tell me why KRLD stopped using the jingles and went with a sounder?
Was it a fees/licensing issue, market research that showed listeners didn't like them, or a little of both?
I thought the jingles were great, and had great market value. There are other stations in Texas using the same package still.

radioaircheck said:
I heard the jingles this morning
the ones that sing the call letters? Those are the ones I'm talking about. I have not been hearing those any more, especially not on the internet simulcast

Ok,
Heard them. I realize now that there are actual jingles that go with the sounder. I realize now that they changed jingle packages. I'd ask why, but in radio that would be a silly question, wouldn't it?

KGNC in Amarillo still uses KRLD's old jingle package.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom