• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KOMA will be on XM this Friday 1 to 4PM Eastern

A

allisonmarie

Get your KOMA-1520 fix while you can. 60's On Six!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by allisonmarie on 08/19/05 02:37 AM.</FONT></P>

Did anyone listen? Was it the same crap the once legendary station now plays, the late 60s, only the biggest hits, and anything before 66-67 were only No. 1s, such as CHERRY CHERRY, SUGAR SUGAR, etc.?

> Get your KOMA-1520 fix while you can. 60's On Six!
>

> Did anyone listen? Was it the same crap the once legendary
> station now plays, the late 60s, only the biggest hits, and
> anything before 66-67 were only No. 1s, such as CHERRY
> CHERRY, SUGAR SUGAR, etc.?
>
>
>
> > Get your KOMA-1520 fix while you can. 60's On Six!
> >
>

It was pretty much the normal music format of channel 6 with their jock playing KOMA jingles and pretending he was on KOMA. Frankly, it would be much cooler if they would try to fly some of the guys from the respective stations guest jock, or set up a remote broadcasting deal via ISDN or an uplink to let them broadcast from their home city. To me it's rather wierd and lame to hear some guy that doesn't even know that SpringLake was THE amusement park of the times, not Frontier City. I have heard him both times he's been "on KOMA" refer to Frontier City. Frontier City at that time, for those that do not know, was as big of a joke back then as this guy's show is now. I just had to laugh when I heard that. I thought of calling him to straighten him out, but then I realized it was pointless, really.

Nice to hear the jingles again though. Too bad we don't have the station to go with it, even if it was just only on the big 1520. Seventies shitz are a far cry from oldies in my humble opinion. It's truely a shame that XM doesn't see to it that we have a real oldies format on their service like WSAI was before it became a Lib-talker. Both the 50s and 60s channel leave a great deal to be desired in that they are usually NOT playing the hits of 56-72, and certainly lack proper execution of the format.
<P ID="signature">______________
--- THE Insultant ---</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom