• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KOGO carrying FOX feeds

Jacmac

Inactive
Inactive User
For the Jackson coverage, I heard KOGO cutting over to FOX, sounded like Shepard Smith. They called it Fox radio, but I think it was simply the Fox News TV audio fed into the radio.

news is no moon walk ....

there is nothing worse than a television audio feed on radio. "If you look over ...." and the like that I ear-witnessed this afternoon during the Larson program. I couldn't see the view from the helo's nor the ground reports ... that Fox News talked about.

KOGO usually has good programming, but in this case, they moon-walked it. Just beat it .....

gotta go, there's a sale on white gloves at the local 99-cent mart.

Stay Tuned.<P ID="signature">______________
+--
Chris
SDRadio.net</P>

Re: news is no moon walk .... + Cliff Albert

THis is what I keep bitchin' about...

This is corporate broadcasting....a sweetheart deal between CC and Fox Snooze that looks great on paper but produces TERRIBLE broadcasting.

Between raspy smoked out voiced newscasters and lousy network feeds hijacked from television, KOGO sounds amateurish...like college radio.

While he probably had no say in the affiliation with FOX, Cliff Albert (my favorite punching bag) can control the lousy sounding air personnel, and that is why he shouldn't be program director!! He's a great air talent himself...I've never doubted that...but he is basically way over his head, IMHO.

> there is nothing worse than a television audio feed on
> radio. "If you look over ...." and the like that I
> ear-witnessed this afternoon during the Larson program. I
> couldn't see the view from the helo's nor the ground reports
> ... that Fox News talked about.
>
> KOGO usually has good programming, but in this case, they
> moon-walked it. Just beat it .....
>
> gotta go, there's a sale on white gloves at the local
> 99-cent mart.
>
> Stay Tuned.
>

Re: news is no moon walk .... + Cliff Albert

> Between raspy smoked out voiced newscasters and lousy
> network feeds hijacked from television, KOGO sounds
> amateurish...like college radio.

LOL, I don't know if their voices are THAT bad. What if they hired someone like Barbara Kerr (president of the California Teachers Association [union]). That is one hell of a voice, she sounds about as raspy as a talking bulldog (and probably looks like one too). When they started running their anti-Schwarzenegger ads, I couldn't figure out how on Earth they thought she would be appealing to listeners. Her voice makes me want to put my fist through the radio.

Bulldog radio

You hit the nail on that one. Notice Ms. Kerr no longer voices their spots? Focus groups told them she was about as appealing as a used Chrysler. That's why they're running those (barely better) slice o' life spots now...

- Doc

> LOL, I don't know if their voices are THAT bad. What if they
> hired someone like Barbara Kerr (president of the California
> Teachers Association [union]). That is one hell of a voice,
> she sounds about as raspy as a talking bulldog (and probably
> looks like one too). When they started running their
> anti-Schwarzenegger ads, I couldn't figure out how on Earth
> they thought she would be appealing to listeners. Her voice
> makes me want to put my fist through the radio.
>

Re: news is no moon walk ....

Chris, I thought KOGO found a way to transmit video through a digital way on the HD radio signal. I thought I was hearing things about seeing and looking and I was listening to a radio???? That was ... uh ... bad.

> there is nothing worse than a television audio feed on
> radio. "If you look over ...." and the like that I
> ear-witnessed this afternoon during the Larson program. I
> couldn't see the view from the helo's nor the ground reports
> ... that Fox News talked about.
>
> KOGO usually has good programming, but in this case, they
> moon-walked it. Just beat it .....
>
> gotta go, there's a sale on white gloves at the local
> 99-cent mart.
>
> Stay Tuned.
> <P ID="signature">______________
http://www.sandiegoradionews.com/ - stuff not seen in the papers.
http://radiosd.proboards3.com/ - new SDN forum.
</P>

Re: Barbara Kerr Radio

> You hit the nail on that one. Notice Ms. Kerr no longer
> voices their spots? Focus groups told them she was about as
> appealing as a used Chrysler. That's why they're running
> those (barely better) slice o' life spots now...
>
> - Doc

Now that you mention it, I haven't heard her on lately. Did they really have a focus group talk about it? I would liked to have been in on it or listened to what people said. The only two things I can't stand to listen to is the sound of her voice and people eating (like those old Carls Jr commercials where you get to listen to some sloppy jerk eating and talking with his mouth full of food, yeah that's appealing).

Re: Barbara Kerr Radio

Yes, they did. The CTA has a lot of cash at their disposal.

- Doc

> Now that you mention it, I haven't heard her on lately. Did
> they really have a focus group talk about it?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom