• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KOAS Las Vegas

Wow, I just looked at Las Vegas and KOAS 105.7 jumped from a 2.1 to a 4.0. I wonder what caused the big jump in ratings, I mean it doesn't seem like they are doing anything different than the rest of the smooth jazz stations out there. The only big difference I noticed is the fact that they started calling themselves "Smooth Jazz 105.7" instead of "105.7 The Oasis". Maybe rebranding of the station really help things out for them, because their ratings were really struggling.
Whatever it is, keep up the good work, at least one smooth jazz station is doing well :).

The jump is probably due to gaining listeners from KVGS-FM (V108) which switched formats when it was bought by the current owners. A lot of the new stations music (primarily smooth R&B) was played on V108. My guess is that many of those listeners switched to KOAS instead of going back to KCEP (Power 88).

> Wow, I just looked at Las Vegas and KOAS 105.7 jumped from a
> 2.1 to a 4.0. I wonder what caused the big jump in ratings,
> I mean it doesn't seem like they are doing anything
> different than the rest of the smooth jazz stations out
> there. The only big difference I noticed is the fact that
> they started calling themselves "Smooth Jazz 105.7" instead
> of "105.7 The Oasis". Maybe rebranding of the station
> really help things out for them, because their ratings were
> really struggling.
> Whatever it is, keep up the good work, at least one smooth
> jazz station is doing well :).
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom