• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLove turns 30!

30. That's about how many songs are in their on air library. Sorry, but they are SO repetitive, I can't listen to them on a day to day basis.

If it wasn't for K-LOVE there would be a lot of areas without CCM radio because of locally owned Christian stations that wouldn't give it a chance, and I appreciate them for that. But I do wish they would play more classic CCM, at least on a weekend show.

anotherguy said:
If it wasn't for K-LOVE there would be a lot of areas without CCM radio because of locally owned Christian stations that wouldn't give it a chance, and I appreciate them for that. But I do wish they would play more classic CCM, at least on a weekend show.

Amazing what that network has grown from!

Kent T said:
I thought it was more like 12 songs, repeated ad nauseum.

Musically, they're like any other CHR radio station in the US. 12 songs in a row followed by the same 12 songs. I know the CCM catalog isn't as "diverse" as other formats but like others it has more to do about AQH.

The overall Christian music catalog is, in fact, *VERY* diverse! You have just about as many unique styles in Christian music, now, as there is in secular. You have rap, rock, metal, country, EZ listening, CHR, A/C, "Lite", R&B, and more.

I was the music director for a Christian station for 17 years. The primary format was Talk with some Lite A/C and Inspo music. I still (unofficially) keep my finger on the pulse of Christian Music to this day. My personal music library is nearly 1800 songs, ranging from the late 1970's right up to today. While much of it leans toward the Lite A/C-Inspo style, there is still a very good percentage that is CCM. :)

With 1800 songs, this library could play 24/7 for about 5 days, without repeating a song. ;D

I absolutely agree with the sentiment that K-Love is MUCH too repetitive! :'( I shut it off in November 2011. (Stopped listening, altogether.) I sampled them in April 2012. 4 out of 5 songs I heard were the same as in November 2011. Another sampling in June 2012, netted about 50/50 of November 2011's music with new.

Only now, (Jan 2013) can I listen to them for 30 minutes, and hear less than 2 songs I was hearing played to death in November 2011. Yes, they REEEEEALLLYYY NEEEEEED to expand their playlist. Desperately. I see a significant number of their listeners saying this on their Facebook page, too. :(

They do an excellent job with their on-air staff. Awesome people! ;D It's just that the same 30 songs, over and over and over, REALLY gets TIRING, FAST! :(

I like K-Love's on air hosts OK, if the music was less repeated and a little more diversity of music, they'd be a better station. But too many formats are getting like this, it is not just a EMF thing.

Kent T said:
I like K-Love's on air hosts OK, if the music was less repeated and a little more diversity of music, they'd be a better station. But too many formats are getting like this, it is not just a EMF thing.

There needs to be a balance. Play the current, popular songs more often, yes, but add a LOT MORE of the older, well-known CCM classics! Make more variety of songs, within the same style... people WILL like it! I have seen comment after comment on the K-Love Facebook pages, of people asking them to play more variety of music. Granted, the "WE LOVE YOU!" comments VASTLY outnumber the "Please change this..." comments, but I believe IGNORING the less-than-syrupy comments is a mistake. Now, granted, there is also always going to be a few "way out there" people who will NEVER be pleased, and will complain about absurd things... THOSE comments don't carry much weight for obvious reasons. ;)

K-LOVE versus LIFT FM.

I hear what you're saying regarding repetition and would ask that you consider giving LIFT FM a listen. Also, please tell me me what you think of the station. We do offer free concerts so if you are in our area please come out.

Thanks! Joe www.liftfm.com

josh said:
K-LOVE versus LIFT FM.

I hear what you're saying regarding repetition and would ask that you consider giving LIFT FM a listen. Also, please tell me me what you think of the station. We do offer free concerts so if you are in our area please come out.

Thanks! Joe www.liftfm.com

Lift FM... Looks like you run a lot of WAY FM Programming.. What are you going to air in it's place come July? My understanding the only thing they will syndicate to non WayFM 'owned' stations is The Wally Show at that point.

This sounds great, and I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

Now if K-LOVE could at least do a weekend classic CCM show that would be even better! :)

Hmmm... interesting. Essentially, it's just playing a random cut from their library. How do I know? Because you can SKIP a song if you're not crazy about it! Then, another one immediately begins playing. Can you say IPOD? ;) The audio quality also isn't very good, either... sounds like a 20K (or less) bitstream.

Color me unimpressed. :( Now... if it was a "live" stream, with DJ's... THAT would impress me a LOT more.

I work for www.wihsradio.org and we're streaming at 32k. It sounds *MUCH* better than this. :)

BTW, if you're looking for a really cool "live" streaming Classic CCM station, give WLIX Online a listen... unfortunately, they are "off the air" as of this writing. :(

http://loudcity.com/stations/christian-54-online

Sounds great on my computer.

Other options:
  • http://streetsofgoldradio.com/Affiliate%20Stations.html
  • http://www.thechristianrock20.com/stations/
  • http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/the-crossing

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom