• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KJUL

Just wanted to know how KJUL ratings are. They are a soft AC station that rimshots Vegas.

KJUL is closer to a standards / easy listening station than the current breed of soft AC.

They are not subscribed to the ratings, and did not meet the minimum rating requirement of 0.1 points to be listed in subscriber data. Before Nielsen had the 0.1 criteria, they had a 0.8 share and nearly nothing in 25-54.

They are tied for 26th in market billing.

Interestingly, I went to their website and clicked on "listen now" to be greeted with a song I had never heard before.

Last edited:

KJUL is closer to a standards / easy listening station than the current breed of soft AC.

They are not subscribed to the ratings, and did not meet the minimum rating requirement of 0.1 points to be listed in subscriber data. Before Nielsen had the 0.1 criteria, they had a 0.8 share and nearly nothing in 25-54.

They are tied for 26th in market billing.

Interestingly, I went to their website and clicked on "listen now" to be greeted with a song I had never heard before.

I like the station. Even though I'm 44. It sounds like the old KOST 103.5 back when they played 70's and 80's.

The original KJUL was at 104.3 licensed to North Las Vegas and transmitting from Mount Potosi; today it's KFRH. After the sale of the station around 2005, it became KCYE and went country. The call letters and format were picked up by Summit American Inc. owned by Scott Gentry, who was morning man and program director of KENO-AM/FM in the 1970's. He hired me in 1977 at K-92 KENO-FM which is now KOMP.

KJUL has a small but loyal audience who puts up with the static and multipath. They rely on local advertising rather than agencies. They’re a rimshot with their main transmitter 55 miles away and no booster.
I feel like a little marketing would help them a lot. Perhaps some billboards on I-15 between Vegas and St George to target people driving to Vegas from Utah. And maybe some billboards near the retirement communities in Vegas.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom