• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kjaz 94.1 back on air?

J

JoeFM1

Just noticed that this station, silent for so many years that folks forgot it existed, in May filed a notice that it went silent due to a storm damaging their transmitter. Then, last month, a second notice was filed with the FCC advising that it had resumed operations.

The license is for Point Comfort, just south of Houston. I was down that way a few weeks ago, and didn't hear no sign of it. Has anybody heard it? What's the format?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you don't know who owns it. I bet you FortBend does...

You know, Frank, your Houston forum is going to be a very desolate place very soon if you don't start making your decisions stick.

Yeah, you don't know who owns it. I bet you FortBend does...You know, Frank, your Houston forum is going to be a very desolate place very soon if you don't start making your decisions stick.

I didn't name anybody. I just commented on the status of a station that everybody would be talking about if not for the discussion of certain subjects now being taboo. What gets me is how people send me PMs encouraging me to discuss subjects that they themselves are scared to talk about. Awhile back, somebody even anonymously sent me money encouraging me to keep on keeping on. That's not why I stay. Its a matter of principle. Right is right and wrong is wrong. End of story!

Last edited:
You didn't have to name names. Anybody and everybody KNOWS that's a Roy Henderson owned station and has been since 2001. Some of us even remember YOU stating that YOU were operating Point Comfort's allocation at unlicensed parameters, completely outside of the designated and licensed coverage area. Want to try again, or should I go hunting for the threads that you yourself posted that specific information?

It's crap like THIS that makes people have a hard time believing and/or trusting you or your motives, Joe. Everybody would be talking about 94-1 KJAZ if it weren't taboo? Puh-leeze. In Houston? Where it has no signal? C'mon man, get serious.

I really wanted to believe in you, Joe, even though my natural instinct told me different. I sincerely hoped you could really make a difference in this market and clean up some of the rogue outfits operating around here, but that's not what it's all about, now is it?

It's time to take a real stand, friends and fellow radiogeeks. One that is firm and properly voices our displeasure with the unfortunate turn our forum has taken, this last year or so. I'm resting the fingers for awhile, in effect boycotting radiodiscussions, and I ask that you all do the same. Let the Houston forum go completely quiet for a month or two, with absolutely no contributions from any of us oldtimers whatsoever, and we'll just see how long before Frank MUST take permanent action. I shudder to think what the forum is going to look like in 60 days without our regular upstanding contributors. I'm already ashamed of what it's become without once regular contributors such as adguy, Chuck Tiller, jd, John Davis, and the like. Perhaps this is the effort needed to restore some of their faith in our little slice of the community.

No need for a PM, Joe. I haven't answered one from you yet, and I don't anticipate starting now. You're not the only one that has had a significant uptick in private conversations. There are likely more of us here about to pull up stakes and walk away, than there are of those sending you money and encouragement. I'm not scared to touch any subject whatsoever. I, too, was threatened with litigation several years back by one Roy Henderson. That's not the problem I have with how you conduct yourself. It's the chicken shit way you go about it, such as inquiring about a facility that you know pretty much everything there is to know about it, but pen a thread playing the whole "what's this station?" card, hoping to back door your way into another Roy Henderson thread, that YOU aren't supposed to be involved in at all. You're trying to play the rest of us for a fool, and some of these contributors I consider friends, so this is where the line is drawn.

Frank, the choice is yours. Do something about this, or sit back and watch your contributors fade to black. I'm holding #1, and my number just got called. If you're going to allow this to continue, please signify as such by closing my radiodiscussions profile and account, that way I'll know where you stand and so will others when they see that my account has been deleted.

Now, the story has ended.

Purple.... dont for a second think that I have quit on the effort of cleaning up all the bs going on down here in the Houston market. I cant do all that I used to because of declining health... but Im still trying. I was just on the phone earlier this morning with the FCC audio division about some other stuff Frank definitely wouldnt want me to talk about. I worded this post the way I did because the admin of this board doesnt want any litigation. Before he left, Boz was clear that it was okay to post radii stuff, just dont mention a certain name. What everybody knows about who owns what isnt relevant. As long as I am not naming a name, RD has no liability issues. I personally dont like the censorship... but thats what was stipulated in order for me to continue....

I tell you what. Get 25 people to post in the Joe is back thread the words "Joe go away." And I will leave...

Go away, and quit trying to stalk people on Facebook.

John, sending someone a Facebook friend request is not stalking. Facebook keeps suggesting you as a friend -- probably because I'm Facebook friends with your boss, as well as other current and former Cox employees.

That's one issue that I have with Facebook. They suggest "friends of friends" .... people which you may or may not know.
I see lots of friend suggestions on Facebook. I ignore them. I only accept someone as a Facebook friend if I actually know the person.

That's one issue that I have with Facebook. They suggest "friends of friends" .... people which you may or may not know.
I see lots of friend suggestions on Facebook. I ignore them. I only accept someone as a Facebook friend if I actually know the person.

I understand exactly, Frank. Facebook also suggested you as a friend -- and I have no idea how they connected me to you other than our private conversations via Gmail. (Does Google own Facebook?) When you get the Facebook Messenger on your phone, by installing it you agree to give them access to your email contacts. Then they suggest people as friends that you exchanged perhaps one email with five years ago and never deleted it. And sometimes when you discuss certain things in your Facebook private messages -- e.g., family member died, a wedding, somebody's pregnant -- you'll start getting ads on Facebook for burial services, wedding planners, or baby products.

Last edited:
So Facebook looks at your supposedly *private* messages, and uses them to give you advertising? Good to know.

I only have Messenger on my phone because Facebook forces me to. They removed the ability to check messages from the Facebook app. The whole separate Messenger app idea was a stupid move. LOL messages don't need their own app. I only have both apps on my phone because everyone I know uses Facebook, and I like to keep up with people. I guess Facebook knows that most people don't read the ToS...

Mouse, there is alot of other stuff built into their messenger. If you install it, you give them access to your pictures, call logs, phone and email contacts, etc. The app lets you make phone calls via data rather than your cell provider, and if you have good 4G or wifi, the call quality is much better sounding than a call through the cell network. Oh, and dont forget the new.money sending feature that competes with MoneyGram and Western Union. Click the.money tab at the bottom.and enter a debit card to send money to any other user - free of charge! Soon, they will allow you to send money to businesses that have pages on Facebook. Imaging somebody says the charge is ten dollars. You say hold on a second and I'll Facebook it to you. There was once a book called 1984 which described a future Big Brother. Turns out Big Brother is not the government. Its Google and Facebook!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom