• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kincade won't replace Chuck Wilson

A

atlsportsnut

The Atlanta rumor mill says John Kincade has signed a new long term contract with 680 to remain in afternoon drive. I read the quotes on robertsnyder.net He has been doing ESPN Radio Gamenight shows and other ESPN Radio fill-in work out of Bristol and Atlanta so I am figuring that will continue. I wonder now who ESPN Radio will turn to? If it is Mark Madden, Doug Karsch or Jason Smith I will cancel my Sirius subscription.
Those would be huge steps back from the veteran Wilson.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Zoner on 06/10/05 03:07 PM.</FONT></P>

> The Atlanta rumor mill says John Kincade has signed a new
> long term contract with 680 to remain in afternoon drive. I
> read the quotes on robertsnyder.net He has been doing ESPN
> Radio Gamenight shows and other ESPN Radio fill-in work out
> of Bristol and Atlanta so I am figuring that will continue.
> I wonder now who ESPN Radio will turn to? If it is Mark
> Madden, Doug Karsch or Jason Smith I will cancel my Sirius
> subscription.
> Those would be huge steps back from the veteran Wilson.
>

Mark Madden is hilarious. I'd love to see him on Gamenight.

Uggh!

Sunday mornings used to have a little style and thought to them. The "I know you hate me, send me emails" schtick is an awful programming decision for ESPN Radio. I am baffled as to why they are bothering to showcase guys like Jason Smith and Doug Karsch. These two get tons of weekend airtime and have never been successful enough on a local level to warrant the national stage.
It appears they lost out on Kincade, who whether you like him or not (he personally has gone between riveting and aggravating for me for years)has proven he can handle drive time successfully in a major market.
I would like to see ESPN Radio find more local major market drive time guys to host weekend stints. The shows would be much more listenable.

Re: Uggh!

Double M Mark Madden has been tremendously successful on a national level. Even outside of the sports talk arena.

Guy is a personality and a half.

Re: Uggh!

> Double M Mark Madden has been tremendously successful on a
> national level. Even outside of the sports talk arena.
>
> Guy is a personality and a half.
>

Madden's a fat piece of crap who wouldn't know baseball if a foul ball hit him in the head. His schtick is the same, ascerbic for aserbic's sake crap we've been stuck with because tools like you think it gains a sustainable listening audience. He's lame. Karsch is exactly the same, except his off-air ego is actually worse than his on-air persona. One of these tools per network is enough, thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom