• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KIIS adding more gold?

Radiogeek500

Inactive
Inactive User
Right now(2:49 PM) I'm hearing Boyz II Men's I'll make love to you!

And yesterday I heard Emon's Don't want you back(from 2003)

Until a week ago, the only Gold song they probably had done was prehaps Sir Mix a Lot's Baby got Back.

What is going on at KIIS? Thought they were leaning more Hip Hop/R&B, but with CHR!es observation of hearing the Killers and such, is KIIS having internal issues of sort or is this just prehaps a natural tweaking?

If they're gonna tweak, I think they should add dance back in the playlist. NO ONE(other then KPWR and that's their Aqua Net Friday Mix) is even devoting any prime time to dance songs in LA. But everyone sure has room for Reggaeton/Hip Hop/R&B<P ID="signature">______________
20 Years of POWERFUL music
Power 106 La's Party Station.

JOSH, Moderating the whole Radio-Info radio state of California and Indiana too!</P>

> Right now(2:49 PM) I'm hearing Boyz II Men's I'll make love
> to you!

Yeah...they probably just had an AMT...that's an auditorium music test. They test 400 or so gold titles to see how the core likes or dislikes it.

> And yesterday I heard Emon's Don't want you back(from 2003)

Probably tested well.

> Until a week ago, the only Gold song they probably had done
> was prehaps Sir Mix a Lot's Baby got Back.

Part of the Kiis re-image...a very tight current focused sound.

> What is going on at KIIS? Thought they were leaning more Hip
> Hop/R&B, but with CHR!es observation of hearing the Killers
> and such, is KIIS having internal issues of sort or is this
> just prehaps a natural tweaking?

CHR changes from month to month, we play the hits, it may swing from hip-hop or the modern rock sounding side.

>If they're gonna tweak, I think they should add dance back
> in the playlist. NO ONE(other then KPWR and that's their
> Aqua Net Friday Mix) is even devoting any prime time to
> dance songs in LA.

Ugh, ya kinda sounded like you knew what you were talking about until you brought up the dance. I love it, you love it...gays love it and that's it. As of right now, the only dance you'll hear as a power, will be whatever 80's retread Robbins tosses out every 3 years.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom