• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kicks name change

Dang - that's a downright embarrassing state of affairs if you are WKHX.

Cumulus needs to exit the Atlanta market. They are clearly outmatched.

Word, but keep Q99.7. They sound the best and are run well, at least I think!
Kicks needs to name a new format.

I See radio insight is reporting more domain names for 101.5 fm. Could the Wolf take on a Bull or is CUmulus playing with us

I see Wolf a lot with Entercom Country stations. Have they trademarked this so that Cumulus wouldn’t be able to use that name? Like IHeartRadio has trademarked the Kiss brand.

Excellent info, BigA.

I think it is highly likely WKHX will rebrand no later than the first week of January.

"The Wolf" is probably the most likely moniker to succeed Kicks, but I'd also keep my eye on "New Country 101.5" and "My Country 101.5."

Would it be conceivable if they are going to rebrand to do a Country tilted all Christmas format beforehand, then relaunch on December 26th with a marketing blitz of somekind?

New WKHX PD Mike Moore is coming from 99-5 The Wolf in Portland, OR.

A big reason WKHX needs a total reboot is in addition to being killed by The Bull in the P6+ ratings, Kicks has hardly been visible in the younger numbers. In fact, I was looking at some W35-64 ratings recently, and Kicks was tied or even slightly ahead of The Bull. Being virtually tied among older listeners and losing to The Bull 2 to 1 in P6+ tells you that Kicks is devoid of a lot of the audience that matters.

Just continuing with some new jocks and imaging would do to little to change that.

Just continuing with some new jocks and imaging would do to little to change that.

It's interesting because KSCS Dallas, the other former ABC-owned country station, is being killed by KPLX. Just a few years ago, the stations were a lot closer. KSCS recently did a reboot as "New Country," and they're still struggling. On the other hand, Entercom's KILT in Houston, a heritage station and regular market leader, saw its lead wiped out by Cox owned KKBQ. Lots of format change rumors. Last year they rebranded as The Bull, and they're now tied. So things can turn around if you do the work.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom