• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KHYI audio trouble?

I have noticed a cut out/drop off in the right channel audio lately. Thought at first it was my truck radio, but I have noticed it in two different vehicles. It was noticeable enough to make the station unlistenable. Anyone else notice this?

This should be cleared up soon a new transmitter has been purchased...it's set to be installed soon after the studio move is completed.

New studios same building just up from the 3rd floor to 8th floor. No new transmitter site just a new, never been used before transmitter. It actually went in last night.

The new studios are in the same building, we've just moved from the 3rd floor to the 8th floor. There will not be a new tower site, but the new transmitter went in last night. My mission ever since I came to the station 3 years ago has been to focus on the audio issues and do what I can to get those addressed. I have always said it would take time and would continue to be a work in progress, but listening to the station on the new transmitter this morning as I drove in, I couldn't help but feel proud at how far the station has come in the last 3 years.

Chuck

The station is licensed to Howe, its tower is in Gunter, its studio is in Allen* and its logo says Dallas.

*according to Radio Locator -- the studio may well have moved to Dallas.

The station is licensed to Howe, its tower is in Gunter, its studio is in Allen* and its logo says Dallas.

*according to Radio Locator -- the studio may well have moved to Dallas.

Main studio would have to stay within the city grade of the signal...since there are no other stations licensed to Howe, that limits it...Allen is barely in the 70dbU signal. Dallas is not even in the 60dbU contour.

Of course, there's the main studio, then there's the "main studio."
No, there is the MAIN studio the FCC sees and then there is a broadcast studio that can be used (and IIRC the MAIN studio must have some programming from it at times during the week..I need to check on that) The MAIN studio MUST be manned by someone in admin/authority during normal business hours and have all the required paperwork AND also be able to take over programming of the station at a moment's notice....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom